Snow cream recipes

Hannibal

Never thought of it as a "need a recipe" thing. I just scoop up a bowl of fresh snow. Add a bit of milk/heavy cream to help it get creamy. Start with a little then mix. Add more until you find the right consistancy. I then add some sugar and vanilla extract to suit your tastes. Above that, we'll add a bit of Hershey's syrup.

Did it last night and it came out great. Kids love it.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Never thought of it as a "need a recipe" thing. I just scoop up a bowl of fresh snow. Add a bit of milk/heavy cream to help it get creamy. Start with a little then mix. Add more until you find the right consistancy. I then add some sugar and vanilla extract to suit your tastes. Above that, we'll add a bit of Hershey's syrup.

Did it last night and it came out great. Kids love it.

Dad would make it for us when my Brother and I were kids. For years the recipe was written on a small piece of paper, taped to the pantry door.
What follows is what I remember.

Instead of heavy cream or milk, try evaporated milk; Dad used PET evaporated milk; about 1/3 of a can, extract of choice, to suit taste, sugar; I think about 1/3 of a cup(+-), 3-4 eggs.....

Combine eggs etc. in a large mixing bowl. In a chilled stainless steel mixing bowl collect clean snow (of course) and fold it a little at a time into the "batter." As you mix the snow into the "batter" it will firm up a bit. Then, eat as fast as you can without getting the ice cream headache because it tends to turn to soup if you don't. And like NorthBeach said, 'avoid the yellow snow.' It only looks lemon flavored.

Last edited:

Daddio

Yes...

Dad would make it for us when my Brother and I were kids. For years the recipe was written on a small piece of paper, taped to the pantry door.
What follows is what I remember.

Instead of heavy cream or milk, try evaporated milk; Dad used PET evaporated milk; about 1/3 of a can, extract of choice, to suit taste, sugar; I think about 1/3 of a cup(+-), 3-4 eggs.....

Combine eggs etc. in a large mixing bowl. In a chilled stainless steel mixing bowl collect clean snow (of course) and fold it a little at a time into the "batter." As you mix the snow into the "batter" it will firm up a bit. Then, eat as fast as you can without getting the ice cream headache because it tends to turn to soup if you don't. And like NorthBeach said, 'avoid the yellow snow.' It only looks lemon flavored.

I REALLY enjoy making cream pies...

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
I've never done this. Having grown up in an area which had many people who had coal fired stoves/furnaces the snow looked like it had been peppered.