Hats off

TPD

the poor dad
To the Penn Line crew in Dameron that has continued trimming trees the last 2 days in this weather. I applaud you - you are better men than me! No way I could work outside in this cold. Heck - I had to pull a bus out of the ditch yesterday and all but ten minutes was spent in my warm tractor, but that was enough for me - sat inside the rest of the day next to the heater. And today? Other than a trip to the bank, I'm staying in! Yup - I'm the example of the wussification of America...

DEEKAYPEE8569

To the Penn Line crew in Dameron that has continued trimming trees the last 2 days in this weather. I applaud you - you are better men than me! No way I could work outside in this cold. Heck - I had to pull a bus out of the ditch yesterday and all but ten minutes was spent in my warm tractor, but that was enough for me - sat inside the rest of the day next to the heater. And today? Other than a trip to the bank, I'm staying in! Yup - I'm the example of the wussification of America...

No.....that's smart. Don't be outside any longer'n you have to; just make sure you absolutely have to, first.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
You're obviously from this end of the county and sound like you know things/people, etc. I was headed to Lexington Park yesterday on route 5 around 3ish. The roads were clear and dry but just before the Green Door there was a black SUV type vehicle completely flipped upside down on the northbound side of the road. It had to have just happened because there were cars on either side, people standing around, and a cop headed that direction without lights. Did you hear about it? I was really curious how that happened with the road conditions being what they were.

it rolled over.

red_explorer

Huh....

And here I was, getting on to actually thank you, and your buddies, for all your hard work plowing!!!! :)

PS- Thank you!!!!

red_explorer

I used to live right by there. I have seen so many accidents there at that exact spot over the years.... It probably caught just enough wind from across the fields, and was going just fast enough, that it flipped.

TPD

the poor dad
You're obviously from this end of the county and sound like you know things/people, etc. I was headed to Lexington Park yesterday on route 5 around 3ish. The roads were clear and dry but just before the Green Door there was a black SUV type vehicle completely flipped upside down on the northbound side of the road. It had to have just happened because there were cars on either side, people standing around, and a cop headed that direction without lights. Did you hear about it? I was really curious how that happened with the road conditions being what they were.

I just came through there and saw the embankment with the marks & wondered myself what happened. I have not heard details yet.

TPD

the poor dad
And here I was, getting on to actually thank you, and your buddies, for all your hard work plowing!!!! :)

PS- Thank you!!!!

You are welcome - a thankless job sometimes but we do what we are paid to do! And I complain each time - 36 hours with no sleep is tough on this old man! But I do have a little bit of vacation money now...

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
To the Penn Line crew in Dameron that has continued trimming trees the last 2 days in this weather. I applaud you - ...

That company really really knows how to F-up a tree when they trim it.
The way they trim trees, they are better of just cutting the damn thing down.