Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a professional swimming coach

Quote Originally Posted by Smith View Post
    Since Erik Collins stopped coaching at Edward T. Hall, most of the year-round swimmers I know have switched to CBAC.
    Who is he, what happened to him? How is the new team doing there?

Also CBAC is like 40 miles away, are parents carpooling?

Quote Originally Posted by steppinthrax View Post

Erik was the SMAC coach, and he took the kids to USA Swimming meets. He helped my daughter shave some serious time off her strokes in the one season he coached her. From what I understand, he had a falling out with Parks & Rec and left. It looks like Park & Rec is only offering Red Cross swimming lessons now with some more advanced level, although mostly geared towards younger children. I don't know about any other teams that meet there.

Is your daughter on a high school swim team? Either way, there are two summer swim teams in Calvert. Kings Landing Swim Team practices at the Kings Landing Pool and competes in the Prince-Mont swim league, so meets are against teams in Prince George's & Montgomery counties on Saturday mornings. The Cove Point Crocs practice at the Cove Point Park Pool, and competes in the Southern Maryland Swim League where meets are against teams in St. Mary's county, usually on weekday evenings.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by steppinthrax View Post

CBAC has a Facebook page, be worth it to go on and ask.. A LOT of parents commute from Calvert. I'm sure one would be willing to share the load.

Also didn't Know this until today.. the silver and Gold swimmers not only have practice 7 days a week (swimmers expected to swim at least three times a week) but they also offer 5 AM practice during the week. So up to 12 practices a week. Talking with a swim mom today, she takes her kids to the 5 AM and it's almost 1:1 coaching with the Head Coach. Maybe 5 kids swim and they have their routines, and as they are working their routines they get 1 on 1 time with the coach. Have to say, 5 AM practice? Not sure we'll ever be that dedicated.
    Nero played the fiddle, Obama danced the Tango.

Quote Originally Posted by BadGirl
    Bob is the bestest lookin and smartest man I've ever met.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.