Dunkin Doughnuts!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Monello and I were just discussing donut shops and why are there so many of them? I haven't eaten a donut in years. I keep saying I want to have a cider donut when they come out in fall, but I don't want to buy a whole box at the grocery, nor do I want to make a special trip for one donut. So year after year I go cider donut-less.

But I am clearly in the minority, just like I'm in the minority when it comes to making a special trip to Starbucks for coffee.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Saw the sign yesterday, Dunkin Doughnuts coming to Leonardtown. Love their coffee and...um...the doughnuts too.:drool:

Love DD, a little too much, but the two near my house are far enough away that I can't just pop in any old time. I do love their coffee though but I sooooo miss Wawa's coffee and wish they'd build one of those close to my house.

merc669

Too bad DD franchises have their donuts shipped in frozen. More like a McDonalds.. But the coffee is good.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
My husband gets the sour cream donuts from Walmart, OMG are they good. I told him to stop buying them.

rubyrox

Washington street downtown. At the old bell automotive. On one hand it will be nice, on the other hand it's a little disappointing to see a national chain go into downtown.

Is there still an existing coffee shop in downtown Leonardtown or did it close?

mitzi

Is there still an existing coffee shop in downtown Leonardtown or did it close?

It's still there as far as I know. It's in a bad spot I think. Hard to find a place to park if you want to just run in. That's why I've passed it up so many times.

Tech

Are we talking about the used car building across from St. Aloysius? Renovation or a tear down and rebuild?

ltown81

The Blair's bought it and are going to tear the used car building down. There is supposed to be a restaurant going in a pad site their too along with DD. It was originally going to be Popeye's, but they decided against that after negative feedback in the community.

bluetorch

Washington street downtown. At the old bell automotive. On one hand it will be nice, on the other hand it's a little disappointing to see a national chain go into downtown.

Wasn't there a Roy Rogers and then a Four Star Pizza in downtown Leonardtown almost a decade ago? It was where the Olde Town Pub is today.