Delegate Rey Town Hall Meeting

TPD

the poor dad
Delegate Deb Rey held her 1st town hall meeting today at the Lexington Park Library. I guesstimate there to have been 40+ in attendance. This was a very informative meeting with plenty of time for questions. I think we made a very good choice when we voted for Deb to represent district 29B!

My synopsis of the meeting:

Delegate Rey serves on the Judiciary committee with Joe Vallario as the Chairman.

She has sponsored 2 bills and co-sponsored 43.
One of the bills she sponsored is HB464 - the Handgun Permit Reciprocity bill.
(The hearing date for all firearms related bills in the house is March 10th.)

There was discussion concerning:
HB153 - Animal cruelty bill
The 3rd building at the Higher Ed center in Wildewood
Drones and privacy issues
Personal Property taxes for businesses
State Highway Transportation Funding issues
Hogans balanced budget
State education funding and how it is not decreasing!
Contact Deb Rey's office for an application for the Maryland Taxpayer Scholarship program - $250-$10,000 in scholarships available for each district

As a believer in the US Constitution, Deb Rey is working to restore our rights afforded to us in the constitution. She is trying to reduce taxes and make Maryland a more affordable place to live.

If you have a position on any legislation, she encourages you to contact her via email and express YOUR opinions. She prefers that you do NOT send form letters, but instead tell her how the issue affects YOU individually. If you have testimony for certain bills, contact her about speaking before the committee, or submit your testimony in writing to her and she will forward to the appropriate committee chair.

Her website is: http://debrey.com/index.html

The next town hall meeting is March 7th, 2pm at the Lexington Park Library. Come out and have your voice heard!

IMG_8333.jpg IMG_8336.jpg IMG_8338.jpg IMG_8339.jpg IMG_8342.jpg

bulldog

From looking at that picture, you must have been sitting right in front of my wife and me.

I felt it was good discussion. Deb was a bit nervous, but this was her first town hall so I suppose that is to be expected. I think she did a good job of answering the questions that she could, but more importantly, she did not try to BS her way through the questions that she did not have the answer to. Overall, I think she did well. I was surprised about her having these meetings every two weeks and doubt that the demand signal will support that, but at least she is willing.

Before going to this event we were at a meeting with Sen. Waugh. Ugh, how disappointing. It was depressing how many times he used the term "I" during the discussion. I've done this, I've done that, on and on about I, I, I.

TPD

the poor dad
From looking at that picture, you must have been sitting right in front of my wife and me.

I felt it was good discussion. Deb was a bit nervous, but this was her first town hall so I suppose that is to be expected. I think she did a good job of answering the questions that she could, but more importantly, she did not try to BS her way through the questions that she did not have the answer to. Overall, I think she did well. I was surprised about her having these meetings every two weeks and doubt that the demand signal will support that, but at least she is willing.

Before going to this event we were at a meeting with Sen. Waugh. Ugh, how disappointing. It was depressing how many times he used the term "I" during the discussion. I've done this, I've done that, on and on about I, I, I.

Yup I was the one in the front row. I agree - she did a good job answering the questions without the BS. Hopefully she is able to maintain that.

I have noticed the same thing about Waugh - I, I, I. He is a polished politician.