Sunday morning road conditions

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Anybody been out yet? My driveway was frozen last night and I was wondering what the roads look like this morning.

Urbanite

Anybody been out yet? My driveway was frozen last night and I was wondering what the roads look like this morning.

I 'm curious too have to take child up to Bryanstown for Church activity but not sure how the roads are since my patio is pretty slick , would like to know what others are seeing out there

Misfit

Lawful neutral
I'm South of the base and just walked the dog. My porch and driveway were ice last night but everything has melted now.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Daughter just drove from Loveville to Leonardtown and said the roads are ice covered. Be careful out there.

glhs837

Power with Control
My dirt drive is like a skating rink this am. Just put down a bag of sand, but it's crazy. I grew up strolling around on frozen ponds, even we tones, but they were pretty flat, my driveway has slopes...

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
My dirt drive is like a skating rink this am. Just put down a bag of sand, but it's crazy. I grew up strolling around on frozen ponds, even we tones, but they were pretty flat, my driveway has slopes...

I know what you mean. My driveway is gravel and not much of an issue until I climb out to the dirt road that drops 180 feet in a 1/4 mile with a couple partial switch backs to the paved road. It's covered with wet snow pack ice. High pucker factor heading out.

OldHillcrestGuy

Roads were bad all over Charles County in the early am. It was especially bad on Rt. 225 on the hill by the golf course at Mitchell Rd. and Hawthrone Rd. There was a house on fire near James Craig Elementary, that turned out to be a total loss. On the way to the fire LaPlata's ladder truck (with tiller operator sitting in the back) did a 360 on the hill coming down and ended up crashing. Luckly there was no serious injuries, the crew on the truck all went to the hospital for checkups. Roadway was completely blocked for several hours by the truck.

FED_UP

Felt a slight slide while making a left turn onto the base this morning. It will be 21 degrees about 2pm in SOMD.

xobxdoc

I left work Saturday night around 6. The car was completely covered in ice. It was raining and 32 degrees. I was heading at a slow pace on 4 north. The majority of the cars were doing about 30-35. Up ahead I saw a slower moving vehilce that people were passing. It turned out to be a motorcycle. I almost lost control going around him.

I left work Saturday night around 6. The car was completely covered in ice. It was raining and 32 degrees. I was heading at a slow pace on 4 north. The majority of the cars were doing about 30-35. Up ahead I saw a slower moving vehilce that people were passing. It turned out to be a motorcycle. I almost lost control going around him.
Even though it was raining surface temps were cold enough to cause immediate refreeze. It iced all night until sun-up on Sunday. Lots of folks were out an about thinking it was just rain.