Holy Crud!

frequentflier

happy to be living
Not one to get sick too often, the flu has definitely kicked my butt around for the past seven days. I went to the ER yesterday thinking I had pneumonia when it turns out, I have the flu and also have bronchitis. The doctor said there are so many strains of the flu going around, the flu shots were pretty ineffective this year.
I have not eaten enough to keep a bird alive in the past week, I have slept little because of the constant coughing (think fog horn) and my ribs feel as though I have been kicked by a draft horse. Today is the 1st day I have been up and about but I will not overdo it.
This crud sucks!

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Not one to get sick too often, the flu has definitely kicked my butt around for the past seven days. I went to the ER yesterday thinking I had pneumonia when it turns out, I have the flu and also have bronchitis. The doctor said there are so many strains of the flu going around, the flu shots were pretty ineffective this year.
I have not eaten enough to keep a bird alive in the past week, I have slept little because of the constant coughing (think fog horn) and my ribs feel as though I have been kicked by a draft horse. Today is the 1st day I have been up and about but I will not overdo it.
This crud sucks!

:huggy: Hope you're feeling waaaay better soon!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
This crud sucks!

Did you get a flu shot? I know several people that did and got very sick. I hope you feel better soon.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
This crud sucks!

Glad you're on the mend, hope you're 100% soon!

Did you get a flu shot? I know several people that did and got very sick. I hope you feel better soon.

My doctor said not to get it, this year it's doing more harm than good. Feel bad for the elderly, the shot won't work and it may make them sicker or they don't get the shot, the get the flu and that's bad too. Have heard a lot of bad calls on the scanner over the past several weeks.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My doctor said not to get it, this year it's doing more harm than good. Feel bad for the elderly, the shot won't work and it may make them sicker or they don't get the shot, the get the flu and that's bad too. Have heard a lot of bad calls on the scanner over the past several weeks.

I don't think I have ever had a flu shot. The last memorable bout with it was NYE Y2K. I wished I was dead.

R

rhenderson

The bronchitis alone will put you in the bed for a week if not treated. You should have gotten an antibiotic for it. Take all of the antibiotic as directed. If you don't it may recur in the near term. The flu - nothing you can once you get it but ride it out.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I NEVER get the flu shot because I don't want the flu. :lol:

Wash your hands, don't touch your face and hope you don't get sick. In my 36 years I'm flu-free! :diva:

Roman

I NEVER get the flu shot because I don't want the flu. :lol:

Wash your hands, don't touch your face and hope you don't get sick. In my 36 years I'm flu-free! :diva:
This is probably because you're young and healthy. Maybe even a non-smoker. Smokers, the very young, and the old should always get a Flu Shot IMO. Also, anyone who has COPD, Diabetes, and cancer.