Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dental implant recommendations

Dental implant recommendations

Good periodontist or oral surgeon for dental implant? MD, DC or VA Thanks.

Full implants? Clearchoice is the go-to place. Otherwise, most dentists can do single implants.
    A reply from you to this message will not be possible. I can't have an adult conversation w/ you in this environment anyhow.

"You croc wearing, fake coach bag wearing fake tanner you. Take that." ~ Author unknown

"Love your haters - they're your biggest fans."

"You know you are absolutely f'ing amazing when people you don't even know hate you."

Someone once told me years ago that the best way to pick a good Doctor or Dentist is by their office address. The "better" the address the better the Dr!

Check your PMs. I sent you some info

Quote Originally Posted by fjennell View Post
    Good periodontist or oral surgeon for dental implant? MD, DC or VA Thanks.
    Clarence C. Lindquist, Chevy Chase, 301-652-8555; downtown DC, 202-466-7555.
    Maryland* - A nice place to live!
    (*excludes Baltimore City, and Prince George's and Montgomery Counties)

Quote Originally Posted by jrt_ms1995 View Post
    Clarence C. Lindquist, Chevy Chase, 301-652-8555; downtown DC, 202-466-7555.

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    Someone once told me years ago that the best way to pick a good Doctor or Dentist is by their office address. The "better" the address the better the Dr!
    Don't agree. My dentist is on Great Mills Road and I'm am 100% satisfied with them. Seems that they probably picked the location on purpose so that their patients would have easy access...assuming that a lot of them are PAX folks.

There are a lot of things to consider before getting an implant. The most important being that if the natural tooth was just extracted, you need a $bone-fill$. Then you have to wait for a few weeks before placing the implant. Then, the actual implant is covered with gum tissue for a few more weeks, to make sure the body won't reject it. Then, your dentist makes the crown for it, you go back to the Oral Surgeon to have the area opened back up, where a healing cap is placed, then you return to the Dentist for the placement of the crown. Implants, though rare, can go bad like a regular tooth and might need to be extracted. The threads of the implant can take a lot of the bone out with it. Time and a lot of money!
    You have become responsible forever, for what you have tamed. "Antoine de Saint Exupery"

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    There are a lot of things to consider before getting an implant. The most important being that if the natural tooth was just extracted, you need a $bone-fill$. Then you have to wait for a few MONTHS before placing the implant. Then, the actual implant is covered with gum tissue for a few more MONTHS, to make sure the body won't reject it. Then, your dentist makes the crown for it, you go back to the Oral Surgeon to have the area opened back up, where a healing cap is placed, then you return to the Dentist for the placement of the crown. Implants, though rare, can go bad like a regular tooth and might need to be extracted. The threads of the implant can take a lot of the bone out with it. Time and a lot of money!
    :fixed: I am on my 2nd phase of letting the implant heal. Each phase takes at least 3 months.

I will have spent about $4,000.00 when done.

Souhern Maryland Oral & Maxxiolfacial (sp) Surgery in Waldorf. Dr. Knight put in the implant.
    Quote Originally Posted by ICit View Post
    .... i just swallowed... I was lucky

Quote Originally Posted by Baja28 View Post
    :fixed: I am on my 2nd phase of letting the implant heal. Each phase takes at least 3 months.

I will have spent about $4,000.00 when done.

Souhern Maryland Oral & Maxxiolfacial (sp) Surgery in Waldorf. Dr. Knight put in the implant.
    You made a great choice in selecting So. Md. Oral Surgery. I use to work for them, and they are top notch. You are right about it taking months too.
    You have become responsible forever, for what you have tamed. "Antoine de Saint Exupery"

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.