Dental implant recommendations

Stew

Someone once told me years ago that the best way to pick a good Doctor or Dentist is by their office address. The "better" the address the better the Dr!

bulldog

Someone once told me years ago that the best way to pick a good Doctor or Dentist is by their office address. The "better" the address the better the Dr!

Don't agree. My dentist is on Great Mills Road and I'm am 100% satisfied with them. Seems that they probably picked the location on purpose so that their patients would have easy access...assuming that a lot of them are PAX folks.

Roman

There are a lot of things to consider before getting an implant. The most important being that if the natural tooth was just extracted, you need a $bone-fill$. Then you have to wait for a few weeks before placing the implant. Then, the actual implant is covered with gum tissue for a few more weeks, to make sure the body won't reject it. Then, your dentist makes the crown for it, you go back to the Oral Surgeon to have the area opened back up, where a healing cap is placed, then you return to the Dentist for the placement of the crown. Implants, though rare, can go bad like a regular tooth and might need to be extracted. The threads of the implant can take a lot of the bone out with it. Time and a lot of money!

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
There are a lot of things to consider before getting an implant. The most important being that if the natural tooth was just extracted, you need a $bone-fill$. Then you have to wait for a few MONTHS before placing the implant. Then, the actual implant is covered with gum tissue for a few more MONTHS, to make sure the body won't reject it. Then, your dentist makes the crown for it, you go back to the Oral Surgeon to have the area opened back up, where a healing cap is placed, then you return to the Dentist for the placement of the crown. Implants, though rare, can go bad like a regular tooth and might need to be extracted. The threads of the implant can take a lot of the bone out with it. Time and a lot of money!
:fixed: I am on my 2nd phase of letting the implant heal. Each phase takes at least 3 months.

I will have spent about $4,000.00 when done.

Souhern Maryland Oral & Maxxiolfacial (sp) Surgery in Waldorf. Dr. Knight put in the implant.

Roman

:fixed: I am on my 2nd phase of letting the implant heal. Each phase takes at least 3 months.

Souhern Maryland Oral & Maxxiolfacial (sp) Surgery in Waldorf. Dr. Knight put in the implant.
You made a great choice in selecting So. Md. Oral Surgery. I use to work for them, and they are top notch. You are right about it taking months too.

GopherM

Darwin was right

Gophette recently completed her single tooth implant. She used the same office but had Dr. Gardiner (sp) in the California, MD office (right across from Kmart). Dr. Morrow is our regular dentist and he performed the prelim work and the final tooth application. She was extremely happy with her treatment by each of them and very satisfied with the results.

Absolutely do not trust those places that offer the one day or very fast service. It is almost a year long procedure to get the best results.