Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Copperhead Question

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    I've heard that the babies venom is stronger than the adults.
    Me too but adults still scare me. Seems it would be harder to rip and adult off of me than a baby.

Copperheads? Kill them all and let somebody else sort 'em out. And we're animal people, I am actually more afraid for our dogs than us. Is there anything that can repel or reduce their population? Besides a .22 revolver loaded with snake shot, that is.
    Don't confuse what you do to live with what you do to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by dgates80 View Post
    Copperheads? Kill them all and let somebody else sort 'em out. And we're animal people, I am actually more afraid for our dogs than us. Is there anything that can repel or reduce their population? Besides a .22 revolver loaded with snake shot, that is.
    I know. We have killed our share of copperheads over the years. I don't know what possessed me to not kill the baby on the deck. I will never let that happen again. We are getting a new puppy in 3 weeks. I am afraid for her even though I will be taking her out on a leash. Copperheads are hard to see. I watch where I step every time I am in the yard.

Off topic. As I told ff a while back. I will be visiting Pepper's once I get Daisy and run out of supplies that the breeder sends us home with. Looking into your obedience classes, too. Always good to plug a member's biz when I can.
    Last edited by mamatutu; 04-18-2015 at 08:51 PM.

Yay!
    Don't confuse what you do to live with what you do to survive.

I have not yet seen any this year.

But when I do, die mother#ucker.

So is this a copperhead? Kid almost stepped on this while fishing off the rocks this morning.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snake.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	111.6 KB 
ID:	108830

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler View Post
    So is this a copperhead? Kid almost stepped on this while fishing off the rocks this morning.

I can tell you it's probably a female, but not sure if it is a water snake, or copper head. Either way that's one beefy snake.
    You have become responsible forever, for what you have tamed. "Antoine de Saint Exupery"

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler View Post

Can you turn it over so we can look at his/her belly?

Quote Originally Posted by DoWhat View Post
    Can you turn it over so we can look at his/her belly?
    I am almost positive it's a water snake.
    You have become responsible forever, for what you have tamed. "Antoine de Saint Exupery"

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    I am almost positive it's a water snake.
    I would agree with you. I believe copperheads have a much more distinct pattern. I've seen several brown water snakes this season and this picture looks a lot like those I've seen.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.