Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What's it doing where?

..if momma ain't happy... my-thyme's Avatar
    Roads between Spring Ridge and St Inigoes are ugly. Saw three vehicles in ditches on 235, Trapp nearly impassable, other than all the tire tracks from cars headed to Webster Field.

PLEASE tell me I have the option to stay home. You wouldn't see me at work.

Quote Originally Posted by kwillia View Post
    What about your parking lot and sidewalks and such? I often wonder how the maintenance crew is expected to clear the parking lots when folks who are told "don't show up before 9 a.m." decide to do so anyway and block the plow crew by parking their vehicles in the way.
    Couldn't see the lines in the parking lot by the time I got here. Everyone that has come in has said how bad the roads are getting.
    Having too much ammunition in the house is like having too much fuel in your aircraft; the only time you have too much is when you're on fire.

The Second Amendment "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Taken with a grain of salt because it's Facebook, but it sure seems like everything outside the immediate area surrounding the base is mostly a disaster at the moment, based on pictures and posts I'm seeing. The back road I live on in Calvert is completely covered. Really have to question the wisdom in scheduling a delay today rather than a closure but it is what it is.

Not everyone's job gives them the option to stay home. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by CRHS89 View Post
    Mine doesn't... So far I have 5 of 14 in.

And the roads are ugly - a few vehicles in ditches on Rt. 5 and Rt. 245
    Please neuter and spay your pets.... and your weird friends and relatives.

Quote Originally Posted by kwillia View Post
    What about your parking lot and sidewalks and such? I often wonder how the maintenance crew is expected to clear the parking lots when folks who are told "don't show up before 9 a.m." decide to do so anyway and block the plow crew by parking their vehicles in the way.
    The plows had already cleared my parking lot when I arrived just before 7. They are still outside working. Facilities sent out an email last snow asking people to stay home if they could, that their crew needed to work.
    A reply from you to this message will not be possible. I can't have an adult conversation w/ you in this environment anyhow.

"You croc wearing, fake coach bag wearing fake tanner you. Take that." ~ Author unknown

"Love your haters - they're your biggest fans."

"You know you are absolutely f'ing amazing when people you don't even know hate you."

Quote Originally Posted by CRHS89 View Post
    This. I can telework if I want but I'm at the office. Smooth ride in this morning. I'm the only person here of 9.
    A reply from you to this message will not be possible. I can't have an adult conversation w/ you in this environment anyhow.

"You croc wearing, fake coach bag wearing fake tanner you. Take that." ~ Author unknown

"Love your haters - they're your biggest fans."

"You know you are absolutely f'ing amazing when people you don't even know hate you."

Quote Originally Posted by Chasey_Lane View Post
    This. I can telework if I want but I'm at the office. Smooth ride in this morning. I'm the only person here of 9.
    Smooth ride for me too. If people drive according to the conditions, the roads are fine.

5 inches in St Inigoes!

I had to slog through about 3.5" inches of the stuff on my 150' walk to the office this morning. Almost turned back.....
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.