Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 68 of 68

Thread: What's it doing where?

  1. #61
    ..if momma ain't happy... my-thyme's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2006
    Location
    south of The Park
    Posts
    2,728
    Snowing.

  2. #62
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,829
    Quote Originally Posted by my-thyme View Post
    Snowing.
    I don't see any snow coming down.

  3. #63
    Snowing here. Melting though on the sidewalks and streets.

    And you guys got what, 4"? That's cute.

    "Snow from the latest storm began falling Thursday evening in Durango. Up to a foot is predicted in Durango, and Wolf Creek Pass could see 4 feet."

    From the Durango Herald.
    Last edited by desertrat; 02-27-2015 at 11:59 AM.

  4. #64
    Board Mommy vraiblonde's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Off the grid
    Posts
    117,888
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrat View Post

    And you guys got what, 4"? That's cute.


    Last week's storm was much more impressive.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

  5. #65
    Not White House Approved
    Member Since
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Socialist State of Maryland
    Posts
    2,466
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrat View Post
    And you guys got what, 4"? That's cute.

    "Snow from the latest storm began falling Thursday evening in Durango. Up to a foot is predicted in Durango, and Wolf Creek Pass could see 4 feet."

    From the Durango Herald.
    Wolf Creek Pass elevation 10,856 ft MSL
    Durango Co. elevation 6,512 ft MSL
    Town Creek MD elevation 16 ft MSL

    One would think that a place that two thousand miles away from the warm waters of the Atlantic Ocean and being almost 2 miles above sea level with the average snowfall of 64 inches (Durango Co.) would get a hell of a lot more snow then a place that is only 16 ft MSL and right on the coast of the Chesapeake Bay and within 45 miles of the Atlantic Ocean that only has an average snowfall of 17.8 inches.

    BTW, the average snowfall for Wolf Creek Pass Co. - 430 inches (natural)

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by GW8345 View Post
    Wolf Creek Pass elevation 10,856 ft MSL
    Durango Co. elevation 6,512 ft MSL
    Town Creek MD elevation 16 ft MSL

    One would think that a place that two thousand miles away from the warm waters of the Atlantic Ocean and being almost 2 miles above sea level with the average snowfall of 64 inches (Durango Co.) would get a hell of a lot more snow then a place that is only 16 ft MSL and right on the coast of the Chesapeake Bay and within 45 miles of the Atlantic Ocean that only has an average snowfall of 17.8 inches.

    BTW, the average snowfall for Wolf Creek Pass Co. - 430 inches (natural)
    Has not been a great year for the snow pack so far. All below average especially West of the Rockies.

  7. #67
    Not White House Approved
    Member Since
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Socialist State of Maryland
    Posts
    2,466
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrat View Post
    Has not been a great year for the snow pack so far. All below average especially West of the Rockies.
    Blame the north east part of the country, they're hogging all the snow.

  8. #68
    For sure!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |