Check your credit card

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Made a purchase on Amazon yesterday and now I have about 15 fraud charges pending my credit card. Check your online transactions!

somdfunguy

not impressed
Wouldn't matter if it was a subvendor. They don't see payment info.

That being said I would be more worried about the device used to make the purchase than Amazon. Disconnect it and start looking to see if you have malware.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
That being said I would be more worried about the device used to make the purchase than Amazon. Disconnect it and start looking to see if you have malware.
Brand new, top of the line computer with a crap ton of safety guarding. Unfortunately, that's no match for thugs on the internet.

No worries -- I'll have a replacement card in a few days.

glhs837

Power with Control
Hmmm, wonder how that happened then. Fake Amazon site? Did you do any other shopping with that card in the last few days? Maybe Amazon wasn't the weak link?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It may just be a coincidence and not have anything to do with Amazon at all, but you should check your credit card periodically anyway.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Wifey made an Amazon purchase on Tuesday - no problem. I check all my banking accounts at least once a day - only takes a few minutes.

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
I've had it happen via Amazon several times. Both my personal and work cards. I never use my debit card on Amazon anymore.

ginwoman

Thanks for the heads up. I order from Amazon a lot.
Why don't you use your debit card, MJ?
I have an ID protection called Identity Guard. It cost like $10 per month. I guess its worth it if it really catch anything.

I have an ID protection called Identity Guard. It cost like $10 per month. I guess its worth it if it really catch anything.

Not worth it. All cards should be protected for free. My bank card with pnc is. However as a safer way to shop we only use credit cards and then move payment immediately. I dont want to wait 10 days for my stolen money to be put back, which is how long it took the last (and only) time my account was hacked.

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member

Because it ties up your cash flow until the charges are reversed and the bank usually wants to cancel your card and issue one with a new account number.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Not worth it. All cards should be protected for free. My bank card with pnc is. However as a safer way to shop we only use credit cards and then move payment immediately. I dont want to wait 10 days for my stolen money to be put back, which is how long it took the last (and only) time my account was hacked.

Credit is the way to go, for sure. Any reputable CC company will not hold the card owner liable for any charges as long as it is reported to them in a reasonable amount of time. Responsible people will know what a reasonable amount of time is.

ginwoman

I understand. Identity Guard monitors all my credit card accounts for strange activity and will notify me. Or is a credit report is pulled they notify me. But most credit card companies will notify you if something weird is charged. Or you can put notification settings on your credit cards. I'll have to think about maybe cancelling this. $10 is $10 Would rather have it in my pocket if its not benefiting me.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life

Yep! I can monitor my credit and my activity FOR FREE! You are allowed one free credit report from each agency per year. Spread it out over a year and get one every few months. No need to pay someone $10 to steal... I mean monitor your information.

Pete

Repete
Made a purchase on Amazon yesterday and now I have about 15 fraud charges pending my credit card. Check your online transactions!

A month ago I got a fraud alert text from USAA asking me to call. Seems my USAA MC was used in Mexico at a Walmart for $80.