An Excellent Smackdown

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
......brought the grins...

A sample:

His editor, the feckless, gormless, and in any intelligent world unemployable Angie Holan, noting the general mockery and merriment that my complaints about Politifact’s practices produced on Twitter and elsewhere, very quickly found a way to get in touch with me—turns out that it’s not that hard!—and asked for a telephone conversation, which I declined, having nothing to say to the intellectually dishonest, the cretinous, or the servile, except in those cases in which I am matched with such on cable-news panels. (Hello, Sally.)

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/414434/politifact-and-me-kevin-d-williamson

b23hqb

PREMO Member
The Times, formerly the St Pete Times, used to be a very good paper that I subscribed to until the mid 80's, when it went so far to the left politically, socially, and editorially, that many here in the Tampa Bay region and Florida took to calling it "Pravda West". I dropped my subscription, and never went back.

Politifact is a direct extension of the newspapers' views. I liked this paragraph from the link:

"One way to ruin a newspaper’s reputation is to make the news subservient to politics, which is what has happened at Politifact. The Obama administration is dear to Democrats, and the ACA, being threatened from several directions at once, is something that Democrats and so-called liberals feel the need to defend. Politifact, and by extension the Tampa Bay Times and the Poynter Institute (which owns the newspaper), is deploying rank and obvious intellectual dishonesty in the service of narrow, partisan political sympathies. It is detestable, and it deserves to be condemned by all those who care about newspapers—not only by the conservatives against whom its intellectual dishonesty is directed."

The Tampa Bay Times, BTW, is going down - subscriptions and advertisement has dropped considerably, they were financially forced to remove their naming rights to the Tampa hockey arena (now Amelie (oil) Arena), laying off employees, and are continuously selling off property and other holdings just to keep the rag afloat.

It would be helpful if liberals would see Politifact as it is - a mouthpiece for the left to try to trash any conservative group, thought, Christians, etc., by going out of their way to distort and twist facts to reach their level of"truth" that will benefit the left and their dear one.:howdy:

Last edited: