Do you hear that sound? Silence

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Since the days of 9/11, many Americans have been wary about muslims and their intentions towards them. And here we are a decade plus later. Muslim radicals worldwide are raping, pillaging and plundering. Mass executions, kidnappings, beheadings, burning alive of fellow human beings because of 1 simple fact. They were not muslims. Now their latest tactic is to destroy national treasures that are centuries old.

Yet aside from the president of Egypt, we don't hear a peep from any muslims condemning these actions. So right here I'm calling of famous American muslims to use you podium to stop the madness.

So how about it:

Dave Chappelle
Lew Alcindor
Mike Tyson
Cassius Clay
Dr. Oz
Ice Cube
Snoop Dogg
Sherriff Shaquille O'Neal
Robert Ahamd Rashad Moore
Rasheed Wallace
Bernard Hopkins
Rima Fakih
Mos Def
Jermaine Jackson
Shahid Khan
Keith Elison

We are counting on you.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Since the days of 9/11, many Americans have been wary about muslims and their intentions towards them. And here we are a decade plus later. Muslim radicals worldwide are raping, pillaging and plundering. Mass executions, kidnappings, beheadings, burning alive of fellow human beings because of 1 simple fact. They were not muslims. Now their latest tactic is to destroy national treasures that are centuries old.

Yet aside from the president of Egypt, we don't hear a peep from any muslims condemning these actions. So right here I'm calling of famous American muslims to use you podium to stop the madness.

So how about it:

Dave Chappelle
Lew Alcindor
Mike Tyson
Cassius Clay
Dr. Oz
Ice Cube
Snoop Dogg
Rasheed Wallace
Bernard Hopkins
Rima Fakih
Mos Def
Jermaine Jackson
Shahid Khan
Keith Elison

We are counting on you.

Sure hope they read the forums.

Seriously though, I know what you're saying and I was telling my daughter something similar to this last night.

Monello

PREMO Member
Entertainers and athletes don't have a problem running on the field holding up their hands or wearing shirts that say I can't breath, but they won't touch anything to do with muslims or Islam. Even Barry O in the white house can't bring himself to say muslims and terrorists in the same sentence.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Entertainers and athletes don't have a problem running on the field holding up their hands or wearing shirts that say I can't breath, but they won't touch anything to do with muslims or Islam. Even Barry O in the white house can't bring himself to say muslims and terrorists in the same sentence.

Because they're not at risk in the former.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Sure hope they read the forums.

Seriously though, I know what you're saying and I was telling my daughter something similar to this last night.

But, do you honestly expect them to stand up? I mean, look what just happened in Paris. They KNOW they're vulnerable and they KNOW the President of the United States is NOT going to be on their side were they to, say, organize even a simple march.

You gotta realize; it's easy poking the bear that is not only sleeping but can't much be bothered with you anyway. Those people, all of us, we're not surrounded by Secret Service details. People who speak out get killed. I used to be in and around NYC a lot and it was eye opening listening to local radio. Stories of what turned out to be honor killings. Stories of people who would get in arguments on local talk radio, one in particular, a moderate Muslim denouncing the fundamentalists. They found him and killed him. This stuff does NOT make national news.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
But, do you honestly expect them to stand up? I mean, look what just happened in Paris. They KNOW they're vulnerable and they KNOW the President of the United States is NOT going to be on their side were they to, say, organize even a simple march.

You gotta realize; it's easy poking the bear that is not only sleeping but can't much be bothered with you anyway. Those people, all of us, we're not surrounded by Secret Service details. People who speak out get killed. I used to be in and around NYC a lot and it was eye opening listening to local radio. Stories of what turned out to be honor killings. Stories of people who would get in arguments on local talk radio, one in particular, a moderate Muslim denouncing the fundamentalists. They found him and killed him. This stuff does NOT make national news.

No, I really don't. She asked me a question, can't remember exactly what it was and I explained to her. But no, I don't expect them to.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I read it a few times, and if I'm reading it right, it sounds like they should be afraid to stand up, we all should be afraid. Terrorists win.

Pretty much.

I mean, the other argument would be that they agree with ISIS and don't think they can say that.

Or, the Bush/Obama line; they're (ISIS) not Muslims.

Monello

PREMO Member
So why even let them in other nations? They don't want to assimilate. Everything western is an obamanation (see what I did there?) to them. Their holy book says they can't associate with us. Oh I almost forgot, they want us dead or living under their centuries old laws.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
So why even let them in other nations? They don't want to assimilate. Everything western is an obamanation (see what I did there?) to them. Their holy book says they can't associate with us. Oh I almost forgot, they want us dead or living under their centuries old laws.

You are fundamentally correct. (see what I did there?) :yahoo: :lmao:

So how about it:

Dave Chappelle
Lew Alcindor
Mike Tyson
Cassius Clay
Dr. Oz
Ice Cube
Snoop Dogg
Rasheed Wallace
Bernard Hopkins
Rima Fakih
Mos Def
Jermaine Jackson
Shahid Khan
Keith Elison

We are counting on you.

Wow! That's a pretty bold public (but anonymous) cry for action Mr. Monello (or is it Ms?). I hope CNN has been alerted! So you think a handful of American entertainers (including an aging boxer stricken with Parkinsons disease who can barely speak) can help put an end to terrorism? If this plan of your works, I think you are well on your way to Stockholm! Kareem Abdul Jabbar hasn't gone by Lew Alcindor since the 60s, so you probably haven't seen him on all the talk shows recently denouncing terrorism, so you can scratch him off your list.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Wow! That's a pretty bold public (but anonymous) cry for action Mr. Monello (or is it Ms?). I hope CNN has been alerted! So you think a handful of American entertainers (including an aging boxer stricken with Parkinsons disease who can barely speak) can help put an end to terrorism? If this plan of your works, I think you are well on your way to Stockholm! Kareem Abdul Jabbar hasn't gone by Lew Alcindor since the 60s, so you probably haven't seen him on all the talk shows recently denouncing terrorism, so you can scratch him off your list.

All those words you typed...to actually say...nothing at all. Typical.

hotcoffee

If you were asked to stick your neck out to have it chopped off in the guillotine, would you?

It's going to come to that some day.

:coffee: