The big story of the day

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Really?

Woman asks about dress color, Internet loses collective mind

Sometime Thursday afternoon, the denizens of the Internet (that's all of us, if you didn't know) turned on each other like hyenas fighting over an antelope carcass. The reason can be found in one young Scottish woman's Tumblr account.

Wednesday, Tumblr user "swiked" posted this photo with the simple question, "Guys please help me - is this dress white and gold, or blue and black?" When pressed for details, the user, who identified herself to Business Insider as 21-year-old Caitlin McNeill from the Scottish Hebredian island of Colonsay, said, "It was the mother of the brides [sic] dress at my friend's wedding! She posted it on Facebook and everyone started freaking out."

Must be cabin fever.

I was more interested in the llamas running loose.

Last edited:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
And then there's this. Sloooooooooooooooooooow news day.

Attachments

• llama-dress-2015-02-27-01.jpg
    llama-dress-2015-02-27-01.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 273

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't ever want to hear about the Somd.com forums being full of nutters ever again. It's the whole internet, I'm tellin' ya.

:lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Anyway, what's cool about this is I've always wondered if people see everything the same. As in, what I perceive as red, are you seeing the exact same color/shade? Or are you really seeing, say, green?

I saw a blue and black dress, and cannot fathom how some are seeing it as gold and white.

I saw a blue and black dress, and cannot fathom how some are seeing it as gold and white.

I saw blue and black initially and now all I see is white and gold.
I saw it as gold and white and then when I read the article stating it was black and blue I looked at it again with direct focus and concentration and I immediately saw black and blue. Now I see black and blue.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I see gold and white no matter how many times I look at it. And Vrai, I often think the same thing about seeing colors, but I also think it about smell and taste, etc.

Mind Games is an awesome television series that explains lots of things as to how the human brain functions. It has a great episode on how the brain views color. It's completely fascinating!!!!! It also explains why we can look left and right at a road crossing and not see a motorcycle. I highly recommend that TV series to anyone who has NETFLIX or cable On Demand.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm actually trying to see gold and white, but not happening. I see what I see and my brain doesn't want to see something else. So this is an interesting topic, but probably not worth fighting over.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I'm actually trying to see gold and white, but not happening. I see what I see and my brain doesn't want to see something else. So this is an interesting topic, but probably not worth fighting over.

I'm trying to see black and blue and can't. they did show a black and blue version on TV and I saw black and blue, just can't see it on this one.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm getting tired of the phrase "break the internet". What does that even mean? First it was supposed to be naked Kim's big butt, now it's this dress. So far my internet is not broken.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
To me it looks like a white and gold dress in shadow, like the photo was taken under an awning.

I'm getting tired of the phrase "break the internet". What does that even mean? First it was supposed to be naked Kim's big butt, now it's this dress. So far my internet is not broken.
Now imagine Kim's big but IN that what's-the-color dress... THAT would surely break the internet! :shocking:

Bay_Kat

Tropical

I thought it would be the llama drama that broke the internet.

I find that if I scroll down until the shawl or shirt is out of the picture I see black and blue. Otherwise white and gold.