Somebody needs to go to jail...

tommyjo

They make Richard Nixon look so quaint.

You are suggesting that groups not being granted tax exempt status is a worse offense than wiretapping, break ins, the CREEP slush fund, firing the AG, deputy AG and special prosecutor??? Interesting.

I am not negating the actions of Ms. Lerner or those who ordered her to slow the approval process or those who covered up what she may have done...but her actions aren't even close to what Nixon did.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
You are suggesting that groups not being granted tax exempt status is a worse offense than wiretapping, break ins, the CREEP slush fund, firing the AG, deputy AG and special prosecutor??? Interesting.

I am not negating the actions of Ms. Lerner or those who ordered her to slow the approval process or those who covered up what she may have done...but her actions aren't even close to what Nixon did.

..but Obama's are.... She was just an underling, she still should go to jail though. After due process, of course

Larry Gude

Strung Out

No. The point, as I get it, is that all those things, the stunning choking of freedom of the press, the IRS, the pat act crap, the judge, jury and executioner gig with drones, all of that falls under that Nixonian "If the President does it is is legal..." mind set.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

You are so cute. :cheekpinch:

I am not negating the actions of Ms. Lerner or those who ordered her to slow the approval process or those who covered up what she may have done...

Yes you are.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
..but her actions aren't even close to what Nixon did.

You're readily agree that if Nixon did what Obama has been doing he, Nixon, would have been impeached in a week? And, furthermore that the national press has been been criminally negligent to their duty to speak truth to power concerning President Obama?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
You're readily agree that if Nixon did what Obama has been doing he, Nixon, would have been impeached in a week? And, furthermore that the national press has been been criminally negligent to their duty to speak truth to power concerning President Obama?

TJ nodded her head "yes".

sparky43

Governments throughout history have been corrupt including the present administration and until the people rise up and finally overthrow them, the cycle starts all over again! Our representatives Are the problem. Until the people demand that we won't take it anymore nothing will change. In today's government if your caught breaking the law you retire with benefits before anyone prosecutes you.

Hijinx

If I were making bets I would bet that in a couple of weeks this IG will be straightened out or fired.

It's happened before.

Nothing will be done. no one will go to jail.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I saw a clip on the news where the IG said that the IRS IT people who handled the backups were never asked by anyone, ever, to find and produce the backup tapes with all the emails.

What kind of slug employees are these??....so what, they were not asked to produce something that they knew exactly where it was; they surely saw the head of the IRS lying his head off in Congressional testimony, swearing that the tapes were erased and/or destroyed.

More here:

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/355236.php

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
More Lois Lerner Emails Recovered: ‘No One Will Ever Believe That Both Your Hard Drive and Mine Crashed Within a Week’

oversite.png

The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee announced on Thursday night that hundreds of former IRS official Lois Lerner’s previously “lost” backup tapes have been recovered, which could result in the recovery of a new trove of her emails.

IRS Deputy Inspector General Timothy P. Camus told Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) on Thursday that it took investigators just two weeks to recover 424 backup tapes that were previously said to be unretrievable.

“To date, we have found 32,744 unique emails that were backed up from Lois Lerner’s email box. We are in the process of comparing these emails to what the IRS has already produced to Congress to determine if we did in fact recover any new emails,” Camus said, according to the Washington Times.

In one of the new emails, Lerner apparently wrote, “No one will ever believe that both your hard drive and mine crashed within a week of each other.”

GW8345

Not White House Approved

You need a history lesson, the AG and Deputy AG were not fired, they resigned in protest. Also, there is no proof that Nixon had anything to do with the break ins and you don't think barry has a slush fund to go after conservatives, that his "most transparent administration ever" hasn't covered up anything?

You really think the IRS acted alone, without directions from the WH to target conservatives and to stifle American's 1st Amendment rights? Nixon covered up stuff and was impeached, barry has killed American citizens, targeted American citizens by using the IRS as a political weapon, illegally ran guns to drug cartels, covered up the death of a four American's, lied to the American public (numerous times) and has defacto governed like a monarch and you still think he Nixon is worse?

Hijinx

Nixon resigned before impeachment (which would have happened).

Nixon made one big mistake, He saved the tapes, If he had destroyed all tapes in the WH he would have been home free. Never understood why he didn't destroy them.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Nixon made one big mistake, He saved the tapes, If he had destroyed all tapes in the WH he would have been home free. Never understood why he didn't destroy them.

John Dean would have testified that the tapes existed and that Nixon had them destroyed (sounds vaguely like "the hard drive crashed" doesn't it?) and Nixon would have been impeached. The press and the nation would not allow Nixon to live in peace.