NASCAR Productions/Spike Present 'I am Dale Earnhardt'

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
The man died 14 years ago. I mean, no disrespect towards Earnhardt, he was one of the greatest, but perhaps the reason NASCAR's in a seemingly eternal decline is because NASCAR, the media and the fans can't let it go and move on. Jimmie Johnson is one championship away from a record-tying seventh Sprint Cup Championship. Joey Logano, Kyle Larson and Chase Elliott have all emerged as the next generation of NASCAR superstars. And, more importantly, younger audiences who watch NASCAR for the first time didn't see Dale Earnhardt race and don't know/care who he is.

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
The man died 14 years ago. I mean, no disrespect towards Earnhardt, he was one of the greatest, but perhaps the reason NASCAR's in a seemingly eternal decline is because NASCAR, the media and the fans can't let it go and move on. Jimmie Johnson is one championship away from a record-tying seventh Sprint Cup Championship. Joey Logano, Kyle Larson and Chase Elliott have all emerged as the next generation of NASCAR superstars. And, more importantly, younger audiences who watch NASCAR for the first time didn't see Dale Earnhardt race and don't know/care who he is.

Yeah, but did you ever know about the death threats against Dale and the F.B.I. involvement? That right there was worth watching the show for me.

The younger generation you speak of considers Jeff Gordon a wash-up old has been, and they certainly aren't the target audience for Spike TV advertisers.

Young drivers on the other hand, were watching Earnhardt Sr in their diapers. They know exactly who he was.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
Yeah, but did you ever know about the death threats against Dale and the F.B.I. involvement? That right there was worth watching the show for me.

The younger generation you speak of considers Jeff Gordon a wash-up old has been, and they certainly aren't the target audience for Spike TV advertisers.

Young drivers on the other hand, were watching Earnhardt Sr in their diapers. They know exactly who he was.

I was an interesting documentary, but there's a new Dale Earnhardt movie every three years. Which is my point. NASCAR just can't let it go. Not their fault though, honestly. There won't be another driver ever again who had to "earn it" and work their way up the hard way like Earnhardt. Brad Keselowski and Denny Hamlin are about the only "real" racers left in NASCAR. All of NASCAR.