Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Road Conditions

Road Conditions

Anybody been out on the roads?? Our driveway is all ice, and road in front of the house is iced over.
    Walk through the fire Fly through the smoke

Quote Originally Posted by RPMDAD View Post
    Anybody been out on the roads?? Our driveway is all ice, and road in front of the house is iced over.
    235, 5, Greatmills and Hollywood road- all fine. My guess is highly traveled roads are ok- but shady back roads and sidewalks, not so much.

editing to add- obviously this is just one small part of St Mary's and I see you are posting from Calvert. Cant speak of calvert- but all the traffic I saw says people arent afraid to venture out.

I was out around 10:30. Secondary roads (Indian Bridge, St. Andrews) were covered in slushy ice. Main roads were clearer. No issues driving but kept speed down and allowed plenty of time to stop. It doesn't seem bad but a heavy work truck in front of me lost traction momentarily when he gave it a smudge too much gas leaving at a light. That kept me cautious.

The Snow Emergency Plan was placed in effect for St Mary's County at 11:35 am. Be sure to move your vehicles from any roadways marked as snow emergency routes.

http://www.chart.state.md.us/StormIn...ency_plans.asp

Anything concrete around the house was icy, side road was slushy about 12:00

Thats how them b*tch's R getbent's Avatar
    I never made it out of my driveway. Car slid backwards into a small wash out area. So it will now sit until tomorrow. Daughter was supposed to comes home from Golden Beach but her friends parents ended up turning around. Roads very icy and they didn't feel safe getting up the hills in that development.

Wildehood has ice in the driveways. Once you're on the regular roads, no issues. 235 is no different than driving in rain. So much chemical stuff out there.

Thats how them b*tch's R getbent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CrashTest View Post
    Wildehood has ice in the driveways. Once you're on the regular roads, no issues. 235 is no different than driving in rain. So much chemical stuff out there.
    I wish I could have gotten to the regular roads. Daughter needs a nice dress for a birthday party and we wanted to go to the mall. Running out of time to get one :(

My 401K is now a 201K SEABREEZE 1957's Avatar
    I left at 10:00 AM from Chesapeake Virginia & just got home. Route 17--->Route 301--->Route 234. Not a good day to be driving at all.
    "What's the difference between your chicken wings & your boneless chicken wings?"

One is diamond encrusted. Dumbass.

Quote Originally Posted by RPMDAD View Post
    No, but it's not looking good for work tomorrow.
    "Conservatism is the new counter culture." - Lola Lee - youtuber

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.