Road Conditions

RPMDAD

Anybody been out on the roads?? Our driveway is all ice, and road in front of the house is iced over.

Anybody been out on the roads?? Our driveway is all ice, and road in front of the house is iced over.

235, 5, Greatmills and Hollywood road- all fine. My guess is highly traveled roads are ok- but shady back roads and sidewalks, not so much.

editing to add- obviously this is just one small part of St Mary's and I see you are posting from Calvert. Cant speak of calvert- but all the traffic I saw says people arent afraid to venture out.

fredsaid2

I was out around 10:30. Secondary roads (Indian Bridge, St. Andrews) were covered in slushy ice. Main roads were clearer. No issues driving but kept speed down and allowed plenty of time to stop. It doesn't seem bad but a heavy work truck in front of me lost traction momentarily when he gave it a smudge too much gas leaving at a light. That kept me cautious.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I never made it out of my driveway. Car slid backwards into a small wash out area. So it will now sit until tomorrow. Daughter was supposed to comes home from Golden Beach but her friends parents ended up turning around. Roads very icy and they didn't feel safe getting up the hills in that development.

CrashTest

Wildehood has ice in the driveways. Once you're on the regular roads, no issues. 235 is no different than driving in rain. So much chemical stuff out there.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Wildehood has ice in the driveways. Once you're on the regular roads, no issues. 235 is no different than driving in rain. So much chemical stuff out there.
I wish I could have gotten to the regular roads. Daughter needs a nice dress for a birthday party and we wanted to go to the mall. Running out of time to get one :(

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
I left at 10:00 AM from Chesapeake Virginia & just got home. Route 17--->Route 301--->Route 234. Not a good day to be driving at all.

BOP

I left at 10:00 AM from Chesapeake Virginia & just got home. Route 17--->Route 301--->Route 234. Not a good day to be driving at all.

One of our FST folks is supposed to be coming up from Cherry Point today, similar route. Hope she's okay.

BernieP

Resident PIA

deck, driveway and walk all had ice earlier. Driveway was fine around 11, I knocked some of the ice off the deck and it has not pulled a refreeze - yet. I'll have to do another walk around to see how the walk is.
Not putting any deicer down until I see what mother nature is going to leave behind. No sense washing it off into the soil now.

NTNG

Been running all day "routine" not turning on lights and sirens. Too many folks see the lights, the slam on the brakes, or pull over to fast on the shoulder. It was a lot worse this am, main roads are not to bad now, but if temps drop, we are going to re freeze, big time...

RPMDAD

Not road conditions but i cleared the ice off of one the windows on my truck about an hour ago and it is icing back over already, still have some ice in the driveway. Temps are suppose to drop to 28 tonight and all the roads are wet , should be am interesting commute in the morning. I am willing to bet 2 hour delay for school openings.

TPD

the poor dad
Headed out in a bit in search of a gourmet meal - will report back on road conditions upon my SAFE return.

fisherpw

s. calvert

Just went out. Little cove point rd was,slushy and slippery. Cove point, truman blvd wet but fine. Parkn lots are slippery and sidewalks trecherous. Trucks laying salt, if it ices up 2nite, it'll be nasty mon am.