Food trends

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
It seems that coconut water is gaining in popularity. A few summers ago, sriracha sauce was the rage. Some of these trends stick around (salsa) and some fade and go away(fondue).

Any others that you appreciate or can do without?

Pete

Repete
Gluten free seems to be the new fad. Everyone with an issue deems themselves gluten intolerant.

Tonight I am starting a Greek trend. Made Taziki and have chicken marinating for suflaki.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Gluten free seems to be the new fad.

I hate to say this but I do feel better when I stick with whole grains and limit my processed wheat. And I have never been gluten intolerant, that I'm aware of.

Clean eating - i.e. whole foods with little or no processing - is a big trend, that I am totally on board with.

Pete

Repete
I hate to say this but I do feel better when I stick with whole grains and limit my processed wheat. And I have never been gluten intolerant, that I'm aware of.

Clean eating - i.e. whole foods with little or no processing - is a big trend, that I am totally on board with.

I just ate a pinecone and feel divine.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Why do you hate to say that? Sounds perfectly reasonable; good ingredients = good results.

Pete

Repete

I would do this. One question first. Are Cheezit Grooves considered processed foods?

FlyFishin

A lot of theses terms , "clean eating", are describing steps in the right direction. I never knew how explosive people become over the way one eats. I am on board with whole foods with little or no processing. I am no sure about gluten, if it is whole wheat I eat it. If it's processed flour I dont.

lovinmaryland

I hate when people are dieiting or trying a new trend and they try to play it off like OMG its better than the real thing. :rolleyes: B itch please! Cauliflower made into fried rice is no where near as good as fried rice....cauliflower crust vs. regular crust pizza is not even a fair comparison. Spagetti squash vs. spagetti noodles serioulsy. Get real people!

Pete

Repete
I hate when people are dieiting or trying a new trend and they try to play it off like OMG its better than the real thing. :rolleyes: B itch please! Cauliflower made into fried rice is no where near as good as fried rice....cauliflower crust vs. regular crust pizza is not even a fair comparison. Spagetti squash vs. spagetti noodles serioulsy. Get real people!

I disagree with the spaghetti squash. I actually would rather have squash.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I like spaghetti squash and I like cauliflower, but I think of them as something totally different and not a substitute for noodles or pizza crust. To do that is just setting yourself up to be angry. Monello and I fooled around with different gluten-free pizza crusts and they're good as long as you're not expecting "pizza". It's like eating tofurkey or some other nonsense - just eat tofu, call it what it is, and be happy.

JeJeTe

Happiness
I wouldn't mind a good cauliflower recipe. I'm doing low carb and would like to experiment with it.