Purchase my novels and support The Wounded Warrior Project!

Pushrod

Patriot
Here is the deal, purchase one of my novels from Amazon.com at the following links: The Zombie Virus http://smile.amazon.com/The-Zombie-Virus-Book-1-ebook/dp/B00QJI5J4O/ref=pd_sim_sbs_kstore_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=1BS52F0DJ96XSVF3NK4A and/or The Children of the Damned http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TGHF260/ref=s9_simh_gw_p351_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=0RVMVKWMSM86S7STRB57&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=1970559082&pf_rd_i=desktop and I will donate my cut of the earnings from each sale to the Wounded Warriors Project http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ in support of our troops. I only earn a small percentage of the net earnings that the publisher makes which I roughly calculated will be about $0.50 per sale. So I will donate fifty cents for every book sold through this thread. Just post saying you purchased one or the other of the novels and I will tally them up at the end of each month and make the donation and post on here how much it was.

Here is a blurb from The Zombie Virus:

A pandemic rages across the planet infecting nearly the entire population of the Earth in only a few short hours. Society ceases to exist and the ordered world of humans quickly descends into a post-apocalyptical nightmare of horror as the infected transform into savage killers. The story follows the efforts of one scientist who may be all that stands between survival and the extinction of the human race.

TZVpicsmall.jpg

A blurb from The Children of the Damned:

A virus that has long lain dormant within the human race has come back from the dead, causing a global pandemic with unimaginable consequences. The disease ravages the minds of the infected and they quickly succumb to a brutally ferocious insanity. If you like fast, zombie-like creatures in post-apocalyptic settings, then you'll thoroughly enjoy this action-packed thriller that builds off of the first novel, The Zombie Virus, and drags you down the rabbit hole of an insanity tinged with evil -- a deep dark hole where you may never escape from The Children of the Damned!

TCotDsmall.jpg

I hope you enjoy my writing and please, when you are finished reading them, leave a written review on Amazon.com.
Thank you,
Paul
P.S. As to why this is in the Life in Southern Maryland forum, that is where the first half of The Zombie Virus takes place, plus this forum gets a lot more views than the others.

SG_Player1974

Gonna recommend this to a few people. Looks like a good project.

On a side note.... $0.50 per sale?! Damn.... that doesn't seem like much for all the work it takes to get these out into the world.

Pushrod

Patriot
Gonna recommend this to a few people. Looks like a good project.

On a side note.... $0.50 per sale?! Damn.... that doesn't seem like much for all the work it takes to get these out into the world.

I know. I get 20% of the NET sales from Permuted Press. That is after Amazon takes their cut. So the publishing company subtract editing costs, cover art costs, setting up the book for publishing, etc... and what ever is left after that I get 20% of. For writing the book I get a pittance. That's alright, I didn't do it for the money.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
The topic of these books seem like a real time blog from within the WH and the current regime....

hitchicken

Writing is its own reward.

That's alright, I didn't do it for the money

I'm with you there, Push. I've been doing ebooks for years and money isn't the reason. The joy and experience of constructing something and putting it out there is reward enough. Amazon insists on a minimum charge of 99 cents (of which I get 35) otherwise I'd do it for free.

It keeps me off the streets and out of the bars.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Here is the deal, purchase one of my novels from Amazon.com at the following links:

I hope you enjoy my writing and please, when you are finished reading them, leave a written review on Amazon.com.
Thank you,

Paul

P.S. As to why this is in the Life in Southern Maryland forum, that is where the first half of The Zombie Virus takes place, plus this forum gets a lot more views than the others.

Posted to facebook .....

Pushrod

Patriot
If you order one or both, please post that you did so that I can keep tabs of how many are purchased.
Thank you.

TWL

Kernel panic: Aiee.......
Purchased the first book and just finished chapter 3. Good stuff. Thanks!

wubbles

I think it would be a lot more successful to support a charity as a community directly. Can you expect even to generate $10 this way? It just stinks of advertising a book series for literally no cost at all while trying to exploit people's kindness with regard to charity. There's half a sentence talking about the charity in a large post advertising the book series and asking for reviews.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think it would be a lot more successful to support a charity as a community directly. Can you expect even to generate $10 this way? It just stinks of advertising a book series for literally no cost at all while trying to exploit people's kindness with regard to charity. There's half a sentence talking about the charity in a large post advertising the book series and asking for reviews.

Obviously he wants to sell his book, but he is actually donating all his proceeds to WWP with this promo. Push isn't some big author with a multi-$$$ book deal. He wrote the books because he loves to write, and this is certainly a way to advertise them, but it's not out of any greed on his part.

Yes, you can donate to WWP directly and I would encourage you to do so because its a great program. I doubt anyone would purchase the book solely for the .50 that goes to charity. It's just an incentive and something nice that he's doing.

Pushrod

Patriot
Obviously he wants to sell his book, but he is actually donating all his proceeds to WWP with this promo. Push isn't some big author with a multi-$$$ book deal. He wrote the books because he loves to write, and this is certainly a way to advertise them, but it's not out of any greed on his part.

Yes, you can donate to WWP directly and I would encourage you to do so because its a great program. I doubt anyone would purchase the book solely for the .50 that goes to charity. It's just an incentive and something nice that he's doing.

Thank you Vrai.

This is a way for anyone on the SOMD.com forums who would like to read my book and would purchase it anyway to see some of the money they spend on it going to a worthy charity. I could advertise my book in the entertainment forums and keep all the proceeds, but I thought this was a nice gesture. Yes, it helps me. Not monetarily, but by getting people to read my work and letting me know what they think of it via a review. That's incentive for me to continue to write. My big reward from this is having people enjoy reading what I write.