Living year round on a cruise ship

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Must be nice.

Lee Wachtstetter, an 86-year-old Florida widow, took her daughter's advice. She sold her five-bedroom Fort Lauderdale-area home on 10 acres and became a permanent luxury cruise ship resident after her husband died.
Mama Lee, as she's known aboard the 11-year-old Crystal Serenity, has been living on the 1,070-passenger vessel longer than most of its 655 crewmembers — nearly seven years.

Cruising

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That's on my list of to do's. Right after visiting Ramadi. In a bacon suit. As a traveling bible salesman.

:jameo:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Rumor is some families use cruise ships as "nursing homes".. it's actually cheaper.

It would drive me nuts. Good thing she has no health problems. Chances of getting norovirus seems pretty good too. One around the world cruise would be a good way to see a lot of places though.

Bavarian

My wife met the lady living on the MS Amsterdam. I do not know if it was her or another lady who moved from Amsterdam to the Chrystal line when HAL dropped their social hosts. These were men who danced with the uncombined ladies evenings in the Ocean Bar. Heard of another who started cruising always because she an her husband loved to cruise, he told here before she died, "keep on cruising" but mainly because when he passes their children wouldn't let her bury him in his officer's uniform, so she is spending their inheritance,

And it is cheaper then assisted living. Ahole lot of then cruise the World cruise on HAL Amsterdam every year have their friends and said cheaper.

Just back from relatively short 49 cruise to RIO for Carneval and Amsterdam. but some from the hard cold North had taken one or two Caribbean cruise, same ship before and were going on 14 dayer afterwards. That was their snowbird escape.

Import note for digital camer users I learned the hard way, ALWAYS leave one good batterit back in Stateroom so all will not be destroyed i3n heavy downpoursw.