Tai Chi

FlyFishin

I would like to learn tai chi in waldorf. Need a teacher and a group willing to meet on a regular basis. I live in Hampshire neighborhood. Looking for this to be a cost free thing. Any thoughts?

Misfit

Lawful neutral
I would like to learn tai chi in waldorf. Need a teacher and a group willing to meet on a regular basis. I live in Hampshire neighborhood. Looking for this to be a cost free thing. Any thoughts?

I did Tai Chi for a little over ten years, the first half of that was on my own through DVD's. I'd be surprised if you find a good teacher for free. It's been my experience that the Chinese arts are money driven. You pay for "Ancient Chinese Secret".

:shrug:

BOP

I realize this post is over a year old, but I took Tai Chi at CSM in Leonardtown. It's not free, but it's about as low cost as you can get.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
I'm curious because I've been thinking about doing this myself and would have to go with DVDs versus going out. Did they work for you?

Yes, if you're focused they can give you a sound base.

Look into Dr. Paul Lam Tai Chi for beginners.

BOP

The instructor at CSM uses Paul Lam in his classes. When I took it, it was the Sun Style 73 forms, but he usually teaches Yang Style.