McDonalds out of food?

Forkian

Went to McDonalds in PF today for lunch. They told me they only had a few pieces of grilled chicken and that was it! No burgers at McDonalds? WTF is wrong with this location. Either you wait 20 min in the drive-thru or they don't have any food. :doh:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I never eat at Mc Donald's in PF. Maybe they're short on inventory due to the weather conditions? :shrug: Anyhoo, there is a Wendy's and a Five Guys within minutes of McD's and the burgers and fries at Five Guys are a lot better. (If a burger is what you want!) Wendy's has grilled chicken sandwiches.

BOP

Went to McDonalds in PF today for lunch. They told me they only had a few pieces of grilled chicken and that was it! No burgers at McDonalds? WTF is wrong with this location. Either you wait 20 min in the drive-thru or they don't have any food. :doh:

You'd do well to study the demographic at PF McD. I recommend Wendy's or Wawa or Nick's.

GregV814

they once told me " they dint have no round eggs for a MACMuffin" I asked for a square egg and watched the woman's response....

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I never eat at Mc Donald's in PF. Maybe they're short on inventory due to the weather conditions? :shrug: Anyhoo, there is a Wendy's and a Five Guys within minutes of McD's and the burgers and fries at Five Guys are a lot better. (If a burger is what you want!) Wendy's has grilled chicken sandwiches.

I don't know about the PF Store, but 5 Guys California use meat tenderizer (papaya) in their burgers. The only time I ate there, I was up all night taking benadryl and scratching.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I don't know about the PF Store, but 5 Guys California use meat tenderizer (papaya) in their burgers. The only time I ate there, I was up all night taking benadryl and scratching.

I didn't know that. We don't eat there that much, but when we get burgers for a take out dinner (maybe once a month, if that) we go there. (yep, heart clogging burgers & fries) We've never had a problem, but then, no one in my house is allergic to papaya.

FED_UP

Thats like a pimp without his hoe, might as well close the doors.

It's a sign. Go elsewhere. Enjoy real food.
Mmmm.... :yum:
Homestyle bun: enriched wheat flour, water, glucose/fructose, yeast, salt, vegetable oil (canola oil), calcium sulphate, calcium propionate, corn flour, sorbic acid, vegetable mono and diglycerides and/or sodium stearoyl lactylate, calcium dioxide, dicalcium phosphate, phosphoric acid, diammonium phosphate. Canola oil is almost entirely genetically-modified.

McRib patty: pork, water, salt, dextrose, spices (salt, dextrose, natural flavor, silicon dioxide). Dextrose is a form of sugar. “Spices” can actually mean any number of ingredients, including herbs, but it can also include monosodium glutamate (MSG), which is commonly found in most fast, processed, and even restaurant foods. Monosodium glutamate is frequently used in laboratories to create obese animals for testing. Here’s an example of this practice. And another. Silicon dioxide is used in the construction industry in the manufacture of cement. So maybe we should be comparing frozen McRibs to cement, rather than insulation?

McRib sauce: water, high fructose corn syrup, tomato paste, distilled vinegar, molasses, natural smoke flavor, modified food starch, salt, spices, sugar, soybean oil, xanthan gum, dehydrated onion, dehydrated garlic, sodium benzoate, caramel color, dehydrated beets, corn oil. High fructose corn syrup, which is almost always derived from genetically-modified corn and has been linked to obesity. For more information on the obesity link, refer to 60 Seconds to Slim. Sodium benzoate is known to form benzene in the body in the presence of vitamin C. Benzene has been linked to leukemia.

Pickle Slices: cucumbers, water, distilled vinegar, salt, calcium chloride, potassium sorbate, potassium aluminum sulphate, natural flavors, polysorbate 80, extractives of turmeric. Potassium sorbate has been shown in human studies to be both genotoxic and mutagenic. That means it damages the genetic material and can cause mutations linked to disease. Polysorbate 80 is a suspected carcinogen.

Read more: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/shocking-47-ingredients-in-mcrib.html#ixzz3TKfqEKTO

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How do they determine what is linked to obesity when obese people eat any and everything? I mean, how can researchers determine that it was HFCS that made someone fat and not the 2 boxes of HoHos they wolfed down after their Big Mac and large fries while watching a Bachelor marathon?

How do they determine what is linked to obesity when obese people eat any and everything? I mean, how can researchers determine that it was HFCS that made someone fat and not the 2 boxes of HoHos they wolfed down after their Big Mac and large fries while watching a Bachelor marathon?
Lab testing... a specific example is mentioned in the blurb about how they know to use MSG to turn rodents obese...

Homestyle bun: enriched wheat flour, water, glucose/fructose, yeast, salt, vegetable oil (canola oil), calcium sulphate, calcium propionate, corn flour, sorbic acid, vegetable mono and diglycerides and/or sodium stearoyl lactylate, calcium dioxide, dicalcium phosphate, phosphoric acid, diammonium phosphate. Canola oil is almost entirely genetically-modified.

McRib patty: pork, water, salt, dextrose, spices (salt, dextrose, natural flavor, silicon dioxide). Dextrose is a form of sugar. “Spices” can actually mean any number of ingredients, including herbs, but it can also include monosodium glutamate (MSG), which is commonly found in most fast, processed, and even restaurant foods. Monosodium glutamate is frequently used in laboratories to create obese animals for testing. Here’s an example of this practice. And another. Silicon dioxide is used in the construction industry in the manufacture of cement. So maybe we should be comparing frozen McRibs to cement, rather than insulation?

Read more: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/shocking-47-ingredients-in-mcrib.html#ixzz3TKimoxUG

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Lab testing... a specific example is mentioned in the blurb about how they know to use MSG to turn rodents obese...

I wonder if it's not the MSG specifically and by itself that makes rats obese, but that it makes food taste better so they eat more of it?

I don't know, it's all so confusing. :jameo:

I wonder if it's not the MSG specifically and by itself that makes rats obese, but that it makes food taste better so they eat more of it?

I don't know, it's all so confusing. :jameo:
It's not really confusing if you think of it from the scientific perspective of chemical responses. Our body is completely wired and functions based on chemical responses. Did you know that when you allow a person to hug you for longer than 20 seconds your body releases oxytocin which makes you immediately trust that person more than you did prior to the hug? The same thing happens to us when we eat foods that are engineered with chemicals. There is a reason that billions of dollars are spent on developing and adding chemicals that make us like the processed foods and crave it again. There is much more to food addictions and obesity than just the simple of math of calories in vs. calories burned and most of it is because of processed foods.

It starts at a very young age... I challenge anyone that doubts this to do a search and try to find baby formula that doesn't have corn syrup as the first or one of the first ingredients.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/10-side-effects-of-high-fructose-corn-syrup/

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Did you know that when you allow a person to hug you for longer than 20 seconds your body releases oxytocin which makes you immediately trust that person more than you did prior to the hug?

Tell that to Fredo Corleone.