Time to Fly

GopherM

Darwin was right
Just like desertrat, it is time to fly and head for greener or at least different pastures. We have lived in the county for 43 years but we will be gone by the 1st of June.

Our daughter was only one when we moved here and this is where she grew up. I got out of the Navy and decided to stay. I have worked since '76 in the same building (many of those years with DR). While most of the people have changed it is still a fantastic place to work and filled with wonderful supportive people. I have had the opportunity to see more change than one could imagine in this little county. It has gone from two lane roads with only 3 traffic lights in all of St. Mary's county to bumper to bumper traffic stacked up at more lights than we can count throughout most of the day. Even with the explosive growth it is still possible to get off the main highways and find so much charm and little niches to relax and enjoy the quiet county life that is still lurking out there.

We have a contract on a house in Georgia and we have put this one on the market today. We are excited and anxious to make the move and look forward to it with great hope and anticipation...but it still breaks our hearts to leave so many friends behind that we have made here. So many wonderful memories, so many wonderful people will be left behind but a world of opportunities and new experiences to begin while we still have some years ahead.

I have had a lot of fun here at the forum and I am sure I will check regularly just to find out what is happening back here and keep track of the forum trolls. :cheers:

merc669

Good Luck! We are right behind you. South Georgia bound my wife and me will be headed and enjoy the warmer weather.:oldman:

GopherM

Darwin was right
Rome, in the foothills. Very quaint old part of the city with wonderful little shops and diners along the main street.

merc669

Rome, in the foothills. Very quaint old part of the city with wonderful little shops and diners along the main street.

Still have family there and remember a lot of fun going there in the summer and Cave Springs, Ala...