Where to buy Prom Dresses

Tina2001aniT

I am looking for some suggestions on where to look for Prom Dresses. I have looked a few places and kind of struck out.
Here are the places we have been:

Treasure Island - Annapolis - This was definitely the best experience. The staff there was amazing, helping my daughter into and out of dresses, helping her find dresses. They just didn't have "the dress".

Serendipity - Waldorf - While this store is very nice, and their staff is very nice, most of their "this season" dresses are a size 4, while I understand that they order your size, it doesn't help when the sample on the rack is in such a small size most people cant get it up over their butt or down over their boobs, lol. It would be just as effective to order offline. I don't want to talk bad of this store, as it really was a nice store. Even a size 6 or 8 that average sized girls can put on, but a 4 is just teeny in my opinion.

Group USA (Potomac Mills) - They had a large variety or dresses in a large variety or sizes, this was nice. What was not nice was finding a dress we liked, keeping it in our "maybe" list and then realizing that they had "tag" switched. It had a nice name brand tag on it, and it was not that name brand. I went to the website, as well as a different store, who sells that brand of dresses. They were going to order the dress for us. It was not that designer...... We do not care about the designer, but if I am going to pay the designer price, I surely don't want it to be fake, lol.

Mary's Bridal (Annapolis) - Again, just didn't find the one.

Any suggestions for other places to go? I don't mind driving, I just don't know where to go.

My daughter and I often had good luck calling bridal shops that also delved into formal wear and kept a rack of formal dresses that were sale priced and you could try it on and walk out with it same day if it was the dress that worked for your daughter. Our last dress for her senior prom was found in a small bridal shop in Laurel.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Is Lord & Taylor at Annapolis? We went through there looking for an all black dress (short one) not to prom looking but had no luck. Lots of gorgeous prom dresses though. What about Today's Bride? Is that still in business around here, by Kohl's maybe?