OMG ... MORE SMOW ??!! Mmmmm French Toast anyone?

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
:jameo: So I am checking the forecast and I see a darned sMowflake on Thursday ... OMG really? I think one ice/rain/smow event has run into the other for months now? This time it's supposed to be 3 to 5", but could change between now and then obviously.

I have everything I need after a $149 trip to the grocery store yesterday .... why does it seem to always be over $100 and I don't even buy that much or ANYTHING pricey at all grrrr. Just the ingredients to make a big pot of fake chicken soup (using backs) anymore is over $10 - sheesh. Everyone ready? I think I want some French toast NOW :smile:.

Hey where can we buy those big slices of texas toast sized bread around here? I didn't find it at Safeway or Aldi. Hate to think I have to make my own bread to get slices that big ......

awpitt

Main Streeter
:jameo: So I am checking the forecast and I see a darned sMowflake on Thursday ... OMG really? I think one ice/rain/smow event has run into the other for months now? This time it's supposed to be 3 to 5", but could change between now and then obviously.

I have everything I need after a $149 trip to the grocery store yesterday .... why does it seem to always be over $100 and I don't even buy that much or ANYTHING pricey at all grrrr. Just the ingredients to make a big pot of fake chicken soup (using backs) anymore is over $10 - sheesh. Everyone ready? I think I want some French toast NOW :smile:.

Hey where can we buy those big slices of texas toast sized bread around here? I didn't find it at Safeway or Aldi. Hate to think I have to make my own bread to get slices that big ......

3 to 5"? Really? Where are you getting your info?

National Weather Service

This Afternoon
Freezing rain likely before 4pm, then rain. High near 37. Southeast wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no ice accumulation expected.

Tonight
Rain, mainly before 10pm. Low around 35. South wind 9 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Wednesday
Rain. High near 50. Southwest wind around 8 mph becoming north in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Wednesday Night
Rain before 4am, then rain, snow, and sleet. Low around 27. East wind 8 to 15 mph becoming north after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Thursday
Snow and sleet, becoming all snow after 10am. High near 29. North wind 15 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.

Thursday Night
A chance of snow showers before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 9. Chance of precipitation is 40%

Their precip amounts are between 1/2 - 1"

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?site=lwx&zmx=1&zmy=1&map_x=309&map_y=181.70001220703125&x=309&y=182#.VPYAAHYo7xg

luvmygdaughters

Just buy a loaf of French bread and slice it as thick as you want to make your French bread. That's what my daughter uses when she makes hers.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I think forecasters should just say it

I.DON'T.KNOW. what is going to happen. period.

:yeahthat: because they are almost always all over the place with predictions which is why pitt is always after me about my weather info. source - it was Wundergrund this time. If we get less I'd be quite happy.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Just buy a loaf of French bread and slice it as thick as you want to make your French bread. That's what my daughter uses when she makes hers.

Good idea I will buy a loaf of Vienna bread from Walls Bakery unsliced or maybe they won't mind doing custom slicing? :duh: I should have thought about that :smile:.

I think forecasters should just say it

I.DON'T.KNOW. what is going to happen. period.

I should've been a weather chick....never have to be right, always have a job. Ahhh the life :biggrin:

P.S. This thread has inspired dinner in my house tonight. French toast it is!

KDENISE977

I should've been a weather chick....never have to be right, always have a job. Ahhh the life :biggrin:

I feel like grilled cheese and tomato soup is the only thing appropriate :bawl: too bad I sent my kid to school with that for lunch :lol:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
This morning I was debating on whether to turn on the AC or not, but then my electric bill was waiting for me in my email and I decided against it. Darn hot tub.

aconsta383

Just in...

http://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=MDZ017&warncounty=MDC037&firewxzone=MDZ017&local_place1=Saint Inigoes MD&product1=Hazardous+Weather+Outlook&lat=38.1555&lon=-76.4074

"URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC
250 PM EST TUE MAR 3 2015

MDZ016>018-040400-
/O.NEW.KLWX.WS.A.0005.150305T0600Z-150306T0000Z/
/O.CON.KLWX.WW.Y.0019.000000T0000Z-150304T0000Z/
CHARLES-ST. MARYS-CALVERT-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...WALDORF...ST MARYS CITY

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM EST THIS
EVENING...
...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE WEDNESDAY NIGHT THROUGH
THURSDAY EVENING...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON HAS
ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM LATE
WEDNESDAY NIGHT THROUGH THURSDAY EVENING.

* LOCATIONS...SOUTHERN MARYLAND.

* HAZARD TYPES...SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN TODAY. SNOW...MIXED WITH
SLEET...WEDNESDAY NIGHT INTO THURSDAY.

* ICE ACCUMULATIONS...AROUND A TRACE.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...POTENTIAL FOR 5 OR MORE INCHES.

* TIMING...ICING THROUGH SUNDOWN. RAIN CHANGING TO SNOW AND SLEET
WEDNESDAY NIGHT. SNOW AND SLEET MAY BE HEAVY AT TIMES THURSDAY.

* IMPACTS...PATCHY ICE ACCUMULATION COULD LEAD TO SLIPPERY TRAVEL
CONDITIONS TODAY. ROADS WILL BE SNOW COVERED WEDNESDAY NIGHT
INTO THURSDAY...MAKING TRAVEL POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS."

Subjec to change, of course...

3 to 5"? Really? Where are you getting your info?

National Weather Service

This Afternoon
Freezing rain likely before 4pm, then rain. High near 37. Southeast wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no ice accumulation expected.

Tonight
Rain, mainly before 10pm. Low around 35. South wind 9 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Wednesday
Rain. High near 50. Southwest wind around 8 mph becoming north in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Wednesday Night
Rain before 4am, then rain, snow, and sleet. Low around 27. East wind 8 to 15 mph becoming north after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Thursday
Snow and sleet, becoming all snow after 10am. High near 29. North wind 15 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.

Thursday Night
A chance of snow showers before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 9. Chance of precipitation is 40%

Their precip amounts are between 1/2 - 1"

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?site=lwx&zmx=1&zmy=1&map_x=309&map_y=181.70001220703125&x=309&y=182#.VPYAAHYo7xg

DEEKAYPEE8569

Giant sells it.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Just in...

http://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=MDZ017&warncounty=MDC037&firewxzone=MDZ017&local_place1=Saint Inigoes MD&product1=Hazardous+Weather+Outlook&lat=38.1555&lon=-76.4074

"URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC

MDZ016>018-040400-
/O.NEW.KLWX.WS.A.0005.150305T0600Z-150306T0000Z/
/O.CON.KLWX.WW.Y.0019.000000T0000Z-150304T0000Z/
CHARLES-ST. MARYS-CALVERT-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...WALDORF...ST MARYS CITY

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM EST THIS
EVENING...
...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE WEDNESDAY NIGHT THROUGH
THURSDAY EVENING...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON HAS
ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM LATE
WEDNESDAY NIGHT THROUGH THURSDAY EVENING.

* LOCATIONS...SOUTHERN MARYLAND.

* HAZARD TYPES...SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN TODAY. SNOW...MIXED WITH
SLEET...WEDNESDAY NIGHT INTO THURSDAY.

* ICE ACCUMULATIONS...AROUND A TRACE.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...POTENTIAL FOR 5 OR MORE INCHES.

* TIMING...ICING THROUGH SUNDOWN. RAIN CHANGING TO SNOW AND SLEET
WEDNESDAY NIGHT. SNOW AND SLEET MAY BE HEAVY AT TIMES THURSDAY.

* IMPACTS...PATCHY ICE ACCUMULATION COULD LEAD TO SLIPPERY TRAVEL
CONDITIONS TODAY. ROADS WILL BE SNOW COVERED WEDNESDAY NIGHT
INTO THURSDAY...MAKING TRAVEL POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS."

Subjec to change, of course...

Yep. Just saw the new update. It's still a watch, not a warning, at this point.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !

I already made fake chicken soup, so I'll have to think about that tomorrow.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Yep. Just saw the new update. It's still a watch, not a warning, at this point.

uh huh so you did SEE the the updated forecast, how dare you question the 3 to 5" they said before - it's all your fault that it's now 5+" :spank:

:biggrin: