Hillary should be going to JAIL

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Hillary Clinton’s e-mails at State Department were entirely private #2016

This is cause for some concern.

WASHINGTON — Hillary Rodham Clinton exclusively used a personal email account to conduct government business as secretary of state, State Department officials said, and may have violated federal requirements that officials’ correspondence be retained as part of the agency’s record.

Mrs. Clinton did not have a government email address during her four-year tenure at the State Department. Her aides took no actions to have her personal emails preserved on department servers at the time, as required by the Federal Records Act.

It was only two months ago, in response to a new State Department effort to comply with federal record-keeping practices, that Mrs. Clinton’s advisers reviewed tens of thousands of pages of her personal emails and decided which ones to turn over to the State Department. All told, 55,000 pages of emails were given to the department.Mrs. Clinton stepped down from the secretary’s post in early 2013.

See, this is a bit problematic, and not just for the New York Times’ stated reason (National Archives). There are tens of thousands of e-mails in which Hillary Clinton, in her role as the Secretary of State, did not use a government address. Her work was done on a private address, one that we can’t get access using normal FOIA means. The e-mails could be long deleted, inaccessible unless there are some records available through her staff’s government e-mails, but we’ve seen how effectively Congress has been able to get those from other government agencies.

Hillary Clinton Used Personal Email Account at State Dept., Possibly Breaking Rules

“It is very difficult to conceive of a scenario — short of nuclear winter — where an agency would be justified in allowing its cabinet-level head officer to solely use a private email communications channel for the conduct of government business,” said Jason R. Baron, a lawyer at Drinker Biddle & Reath who is a former director of litigation at the National Archives and Records Administration.

A spokesman for Mrs. Clinton, Nick Merrill, defended her use of the personal email account and said she has been complying with the “letter and spirit of the rules.”

Under federal law, however, letters and emails written and received by federal officials, such as the secretary of state, are considered government records and are supposed to be retained so that congressional committees, historians and members of the news media can find them. There are exceptions to the law for certain classified and sensitive materials.

PeoplesElbow

It would be interesting to know if the emails were along the lines of "Serve Pepsi not Coke" or "Give the rebels in Benghazi 100 guns"

Hijinx

Hillary and obamy both belong in jail, but like Monello said, "not gonna happen."

I would like to see a show of hands, of those who believe she did not know the rules and did not deliberately avoid them for this specific reason.

By the way we know that the State Department knew the rules and allowed her to avoid them.
I would bet money that she was offered an official email and turned it down.

Hillary may not be the smartest woman in the world , but she knows how to cover her azz.
Nothing will come of this.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
??? It's ALL of her emails.

Press Secretary says "all of her emails"

But they are saying others did it also.

I'm amazed at what they get away with.... If I forwarded an email from my personal account, I'd be disciplined, maybe even fired depending on what I forwarded and that pales into comparison to what she is forwarding.

To not use your work provided email shows you most likely have something to hide but of course, she'll come out smelling like a rose.

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
Oh gee. Another corrupt politician doing corrupt things.

This is the least of Hitlery's problems. Just wait until The List is released.

LibertyBeacon

I know, right? We are just so shocked that another politician does whatever they want.

BTW, what list?

It is well known she is not liked by certain elements of the secret service. My tinfoil hat belief is that the list of female visitors she had to the WH will be released to keep her from getting too far in any political race. Controlled opposition in a way.

But then again, the secret service has had a shakeup recently. Perhaps the Clintoons were just cleaning out the effluvia...`

LibertyBeacon

I would be curious to know if Sid Blumenthal divulged his cankle fetish to Hilarity in any of these electronic mail messages.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Clinton ran own computer system for her official emails

WASHINGTON (AP) — The computer server that transmitted and received Hillary Rodham Clinton's emails — on a private account she used exclusively for official business when she was secretary of state — traced back to an Internet service registered to her family's home in Chappaqua, New York, according to Internet records reviewed by The Associated Press.

The highly unusual practice of a Cabinet-level official physically running her own email would have given Clinton, the presumptive Democratic presidential candidate, impressive control over limiting access to her message archives. It also would distinguish Clinton's secretive email practices as far more sophisticated than some politicians, including Mitt Romney and Sarah Palin, who were caught conducting official business using free email services operated by Microsoft Corp. and Yahoo Inc.

Most Internet users rely on professional outside companies, such as Google Inc. or their own employers, for the behind-the-scenes complexities of managing their email communications. Government employees generally use servers run by federal agencies where they work.

In most cases, individuals who operate their own email servers are technical experts or users so concerned about issues of privacy and surveillance they take matters into their own hands. It was not immediately clear exactly where Clinton ran that computer system.

LibertyBeacon

I'm guessing "PERFECT PRIVACY, LLC" is going to lose some business!

Domain Name: CLINTONEMAIL.COM
Registry Domain ID: 1537310173_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.networksolutions.com
Registrar URL: http://networksolutions.com
Updated Date: 2015-01-29T00:44:01Z
Creation Date: 2009-01-13T20:37:32Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2017-01-13T05:00:00Z
Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
Registrar IANA ID: 2
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@web.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.8003337680
Reseller:
Domain Status:
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: PERFECT PRIVACY, LLC

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
It was unclear whom Clinton hired to set up or maintain her private email server, which the AP traced to a mysterious identity, Eric Hoteham. That name does not appear in public records databases, campaign contribution records or Internet background searches. Hoteham was listed as the customer at Clinton's $1.7 million home on Old House Lane in Chappaqua in records registering the Internet address for her email server since August 2010.

The Hoteham personality also is associated with a separate email server, presidentclinton.com, and a non-functioning website, wjcoffice.com, all linked to the same residential Internet account as Mrs. Clinton's email server. The former president's full name is William Jefferson Clinton.

I am thinking Eric had better take a permanent vacation to Belize

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Hillary Clinton takes shadow IT mainstream
Summary:Hillary Rodham Clinton is in one big email mess, but if you zoom out and look at her as any other employee you have a leading example of shadow IT at play.

Now let's strip away all the politics, sniping and legality over Clinton's email practices. What you have is shadow IT for official business and a State Department without the IT clout to stop it. You could argue with all the NSA snooping that Clinton's own email infrastructure was warranted.

Boil this down to Clinton as an employee and you have the following.

1. Clinton was a top exec and those folks often get to push IT around. How do you think the iPad and iPhone became an enterprise juggernaut? You guessed it. The CEO wanted one.
  2. The email infrastructure Clinton ran was techie, but how many of you are conducting work on personal accounts? Thought so. You may not have federal records laws, but you're ignoring IT policies almost daily.
  3. Security issues often are tossed aside for convenience. For Clinton it was a homemade email server. For the rest of us it's a personal cloud storage account.

In the end, the Clinton email flap will play out for months. There will be hearings and non-stop election coverage about it. Just keep in mind what you're witnessing is shadow IT at a grand scale.

SamSpade

Hillary Clinton takes shadow IT mainstream
Summary:Hillary Rodham Clinton is in one big email mess, but if you zoom out and look at her as any other employee you have a leading example of shadow IT at play.

In the end, the Clinton email flap will play out for months. There will be hearings and non-stop election coverage about it. Just keep in mind what you're witnessing is shadow IT at a grand scale.

Just as all things Clinton, enough spin will be played out for months until everyone is tired of hearing about it. Someone will say "I take full responsibility for these actions" but will bristle with anger at
actually having to be held accountable for it.

What I see is either one of two possibilities - either the transition to a federal email account was too much for someone who wants to be President - or she chose to do it that way to hide things.
Either way, it makes me think less of her, if that were possible. I'm a federal employee, and I have to obey all kinds of accountability rules. This is actually a law, and she chose to flout it, either through
deception or ineptitude.