Interesting Article

Dakota

~~~~~~~
And no I am not giving it a title... everyone should read it!

scientific evidence linking cholesterol to heart disease was—and is— inconclusive, at best.

found no correlation between death rates and cholesterol in women, and showed that while men with very high cholesterol levels (above 240) were disproportionately likely to suffer heart attacks, men with low cholesterol (below 160) were more likely to die from all causes than those with normal levels.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There's never been any proven connection between secondhand smoke and cancer, either, but that doesn't stop the propaganda mongers from claiming it as so.

TPD

the poor dad
Everything in moderation WITH exercise and all will be good!

St Mary's College students are currently arguing about instituting "meatless mondays" in the campus cafeteria....

Dakota

~~~~~~~
And I refuse to believe that charcoal crispy steaks cause gut cancer...:mad:

My grandmother wanted everything burnt to a crisp (meat, bacon, toast), in fact, I commonly ordered everything well-done out of habit because of her… and besides if I didn’t she would say “she wants that well-done.” She swore we would get worms if we didn’t eat our meat well-done.

I’ve since tried meat various ways and have settled for medium. BTW, she died of cancer but lived to be nearly 88. :shrug:

PsyOps

Pixelated
This goes along with what I was posting in the "High cholesterol question" thread. Fat and cholesterol are not our enemy; sugar is. Fat (good fats from eggs, avocados, olive oil, nuts, coconut oil, fish, etc...) and cholesterol in their pure form work with you body to provide protective barriers from disease and other things that want to cause inflammation. When fat and cholesterol are joined with sugar their shape changes and they become damaging to every cell in your body – thus, inflammation. LDL is good when it’s not been damaged. It cleans up the arteries that the HDL leaves behind. When it’s damaged by sugar is scars the walls of your arteries allowing for plaque to deposit.

Anyway, we have had things backwards for decades now all because of how advertising is designed, how we have decided that processed foods are okay and convenient, and how we want instant fixes through drugs. There is a huge interest between medical providers and the pharmaceuticals. That’s why a doctor will just prescribe you a pill rather than get to the root cause. Dr. Perlmutter claims that most of our brain disorders are due to massive amounts of gluten and sugar we consume. We are causing inflammation of the brain when we eat this way. It’s why we have such a high rate of ADHD, depression, anxiety, Alzheimer’s, ALS, etc…

And, as I mentioned, there is the added bonus of going to a high fat and cholesterol with the result of losing weight. Fat=losing weight? Yup! When you body is getting fat devoid of sugar, your body knows not to store fat. When you consume sugar (especially in the form of carbs), it tells your body that winter is coming (yes going back to our very early days as humans) and to produce and store more fat. So, if you want to lose weight, try a high fat/cholesterol low carb diet. See what happens. I’ve lost almost 10 pounds.