Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: But Will He Go To JAIL

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    BIAS: New York Times Runs 1,300-Word Story On Corrupt Democratic Senator. They Somehow Forget To Mention He's A Democrat.

In a stupefying turn of events, The New York Times ran a lengthy, 1,300 word article about a New Jersey senator who is facing a federal bribery trial, yet forgot to mention one small word among the 1,300 it doled out: Democrat.

Caught with its pants down, the Times decided to finally report that small bit of information: [screen cap at link]
    Gives Christie the chance to appoint a Republican Senator, however briefly he'd be in office.
    Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong". Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    Gives Christie the chance to appoint a Republican Senator, however briefly he'd be in office.
    I wonder if Christie has the balls to appoint a Republican.

Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    I wonder if Christie has the balls to appoint a Republican.
    I'm not sure I have ever heard of a governor appointing one that wasn't a member of his party.
    Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong". Jean-Jacques Rousseau

They call me ... Sarcasmo kom526's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    I'm not sure I have ever heard of a governor appointing one that wasn't a member of his party.
    Or himself.
    Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been.

Somewhere, a teacher is crying with their red marker after reading your dribble.

A handful of states require that the appointed replacement be from the same party as the outgoing Senator. New Jersey is not one of them, so Christie could appoint a Republican. (Surprisingly MD isn't either.)
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    I could be wrong but I don't think Miami is in NJ, so I doubt this doc is a constituent.
    You missed my point. Doing favors for people is what keeps these people in office no matter what state they are from.

Blog Entries
    Another Ace classic...LMAO..

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/371469.php
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

They call me ... Sarcasmo kom526's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    And here's the race card #FTW #sadtrombone
    http://www.politico.com/states/new-j...ericans-114345

But he's a white hispanic so we have a penalty for unauthorized use of a race card, you will be hearing from La Raza.
    Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been.

Somewhere, a teacher is crying with their red marker after reading your dribble.

Members who have read this thread: 49