St Marys asphalt/concrete work?

glhs837

Power with Control
I did a search, but nothing newer than 2 years old popped up, so here's the new thread :)

Looking at getting the driveway done from hard packed dirt/gravel (30 years). Need to get some estimates. The helpful person who plowed the driveway last year sort of scraped off the covering gravel, and mud is the order of the day. I see a lot of recommendations about Marini, but they appear to be out of Calvert, and I am hesitant to use a contractor that far out. About 300 feet in a semicircle, with a pad about 25x25. I did the lower driveway in recycled asphalt three and a half years ago when I moved in and it's holding up well but I'm thinking going straight asphalt, or maybe a hybrid with asphalt for driving portions and concrete pads for where we park all the time. .

baxter

Just had two driveways done last year, my parents and mine. Called Marini,,way to high in cost 22K, ending up using we pave (google them) excellent job, 10k for both driveways.

DO NOT USE NORRIS CONCRETE! They stole my daughters four wheeler when they did my garage floor

glhs837

Power with Control
Just had two driveways done last year, my parents and mine. Called Marini,,way to high in cost 22K, ending up using we pave (google them) excellent job, 10k for both driveways.

DO NOT USE NORRIS CONCRETE! They stole my daughters four wheeler when they did my garage floor

baxter, was this in concrete?

bulldog

I used Marini. Reasonable price and very happy with the results. Had to have a rather small repair job done after the Hurricane when a root ball pulled up an area and Marini came out and fixed it without hesitation of the job being too small.

baxter

Yes, they did my new garage floor, and the four wheeler was missing. They moved everything out of the garage including the four wheeler, police tell me that Norris concrete has folks incarcerated for atv theft at the time

glhs837

Power with Control
So, Mr Tom Raley came by, measured, although knowing you are coming to measure a driveway, assuming it's short enough to do with a 50 foot tape might not be good. So he'll get back to me.

Mr Marini came by, had the wheeled measuring device, gave me a number of 350 feet for the semicircle, gave me a verbal estimate, based on a 10 foot width with a 20x20 pad off the side, of $5K for asphalt, $3K for millings, which he recommended, seeing as it's a more resilient surface which never cracks or needs sealing, and is permeable.

Still waiting for the guy who did the lower driveway, PJ Bean, to swing by. He cant pave, but he can do millings. Millings much less expensive, less recurring cost, but I think the curb appeal of asphalt is much higher.

Hijinx

So, Mr Tom Raley came by, measured, although knowing you are coming to measure a driveway, assuming it's short enough to do with a 50 foot tape might not be good. So he'll get back to me.

Mr Marini came by, had the wheeled measuring device, gave me a number of 350 feet for the semicircle, gave me a verbal estimate, based on a 10 foot width with a 20x20 pad off the side, of $5K for asphalt, $3K for millings, which he recommended, seeing as it's a more resilient surface which never cracks or needs sealing, and is permeable.

Still waiting for the guy who did the lower driveway, PJ Bean, to swing by. He cant pave, but he can do millings. Millings much less expensive, less recurring cost, but I think the curb appeal of asphalt is much higher.

I had millings, They got hard last summer and it was a bit like asphalt. I thought they would stay hard, but last winter softened them up and when I plowed snow this year a lot of milling ended up in my yard.

glhs837

Power with Control
I had millings, They got hard last summer and it was a bit like asphalt. I thought they would stay hard, but last winter softened them up and when I plowed snow this year a lot of milling ended up in my yard.

That's my concern. Boy and I shoveled the lower driveway that has millings, was a bit of a pain.