Dinner

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We have fresh picked lettuce from Chesapeake's Bounty, so tonight we're having a big salad, steamed artichokes, and pan-fried chicken breasts marinated in Dorothy Lynch dressing.

Not terribly inspiring. :lol:

Misfit

Lawful neutral
I have leftover rotisserie chicken and I'm thinking of making the kids chicken noodle soup with egg noodles.

JeJeTe

Happiness
Frozen pizza. Not inspiring but tonight will be a night I'll be lucky to be home by 5:30pm. Lol.

I made stuffed peppers yesterday... and they were amazing!!!!

I've never actually made stuffed peppers. I love cooking but for some reason, making them intimidates me. Do I cook the rice? Do I blanch the peppers? I.just.don't.know. :jameo:

We have fresh picked lettuce from Chesapeake's Bounty, so tonight we're having a big salad, steamed artichokes, and pan-fried chicken breasts marinated in Dorothy Lynch dressing.

Not terribly inspiring. :lol:

Chesapeake's Bounty??

I have leftover rotisserie chicken and I'm thinking of making the kids chicken noodle soup with egg noodles.

Umm yes! Easy peasy and good. I like it :yay:

Frozen pizza. Not inspiring but tonight will be a night I'll be lucky to be home by 5:30pm. Lol.

We had pizza yesterday :biggrin:

I smoked pork butts yesterday and did bbq ...so tonight I'll do pork tacos w/ the leftover meat :yum:

I'm not sure why you haven't asked my family to move it yet. I mean, I told you I cook too and I'd clean up allll the dishes. And...and......my children are super easy on the eyes :jet:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I managed to catch a horrible cold over the weekend so I'm being lazy. Threw some chicken breasts in the crock pot to cook all day for some home made pulled chicken bbq with cole slaw.

Shutout

Pork loin in the crock pot finished on the grill, homemade gravy, redskin mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli.

luvmygdaughters

I've never actually made stuffed peppers. I love cooking but for some reason, making them intimidates me. Do I cook the rice? Do I blanch the peppers? I.just.don't.know. :jameo:

Chesapeake's Bounty??

Umm yes! Easy peasy and good. I like it :yay:

We had pizza yesterday :biggrin:

I'm not sure why you haven't asked my family to move it yet. I mean, I told you I cook too and I'd clean up allll the dishes. And...and......my children are super easy on the eyes :jet:

Stuffed peppers, that's one of the dishes that sounds hard to make but, its really easy. Just cut the innards out of the peppers, blanch them about 3 - 5 minutes, brown some hamburger, add some Spanish rice and spices, stuff them, pour some tomato sauce on them, bake them about 30 minutes, sprinkle cheddar or feta cheese on them the last 5 minutes.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I think this afternoon we'll have warm farro and sweet potato salad. But I reserve the right to change my mind.

Tonight I'm making this recipe: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2015/02/spiralized-shanghai-beef-and-broccoli.html I love love LOVE this website, have made several recipes...all amazing.

I have a veggetti (a spiralizer) and I would've never ever thought to use broccoli! If you haven't tried that tool, it's awesome. Awesome.

They have a program where you give them a couple hours of work each week and they'll let you pick some veggies to take home. We got yummy lettuce, baby kale, and carrots.

Oh that's pretty sweet :yay:

Stuffed peppers, that's one of the dishes that sounds hard to make but, its really easy. Just cut the innards out of the peppers, blanch them about 3 - 5 minutes, brown some hamburger, add some Spanish rice and spices, stuff them, pour some tomato sauce on them, bake them about 30 minutes, sprinkle cheddar or feta cheese on them the last 5 minutes.

I'm really, really going to have to try it :yay:

I think this afternoon we'll have warm farro and sweet potato salad. But I reserve the right to change my mind.

*Googles farro**

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
If you are having problems coming up with new stuff to serve for meals, check out home delivery services such as Plated and Blue Apron for ideas. They usually have the recipe online for you to mimic. You can also sign up to receive their cook-at-home meals each week. They provide the ingredients and instructions. You prep, cook and enjoy!