found dogs

spinner

I picked up two dogs this morning at the intersection of Maypole and Friendship school Rd. One is a female bluetick, the other looks like her puppy, a hound mix. Animal control has them now, they are both nice dogs. I couldn't leave them with all those dump trucks on that road. IMG_3320.JPG IMG_3317.JPG

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
I'm sorry, I don't understand your reply to my post. Would you please explain?

it looks like he is trying to say you "stole" the dogs...

guess he would rather them hit and killed by the traffic on that road. :coffee:

spinner

Sigh. I know what he was saying, I just wanted him to explain why he had to comment on a situation he knew nothing about. I didn't think he would, people like that are just puffy air and no sustenance.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Sigh. I know what he was saying, I just wanted him to explain why he had to comment on a situation he knew nothing about. I didn't think he would, people like that are just puffy air and no sustenance.

LOL....
some people are just azzhats...

RPMDAD

spinner, i think you did a really good thing by picking up the dogs, probably saved their lives.

mamatutu

mama to two
Agree with DAD. If you were stealing the dogs, AC wouldn't have them. Plus, it was risky for you to save them with traffic and not knowing the dogs. What marlboroman said doesn't even make sense. Would he have liked it better to see them killed in traffic? Very nice thing you did, spinner.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
If I were a dog, I would rather take my chances with traffic than my chances of being euthanized by animal control.
There's more than just traffic. And, dogs live in the moment. They don't know what is happening tomorrow or next week. When they are euthanized (humanely), it is very peaceful.

spinner

I would like to say thanks to the dump truck drivers who slowed down when they saw the dogs and managed to avoid them. Don't know what company they are with but the trucks had a purple cab. It couldn't have been easy a couple of times since the dogs were in the road and not on the side.
I'm sure the dogs belong somewhere but not in that road. In the short time I was there I counted 15 dump trucks.

mamatutu

mama to two
If I were a dog, I would rather take my chances with traffic than my chances of being euthanized by animal control.

I didn't know AC euthanizes. Do they? Don't they turn an animal over to a shelter? Who is responsible for doing a chip check? I would assume owners of lost pets usually call AC or shelters to try to locate their animals. I wouldn't think an animal is instantly euthanized no matter where they are. I have never lost a pet, so I don't know how it all works.

sm8

From the area my guess would be they belong to menonites, they would probably never see this post or the website.