Is the new McKay's in CH going to happen?

fatratcat

I heard it's dead because there is no sewer plan, but heard in a barbershop it's still alive. Someone else speculated that a large chain was looking at the space or area. I'm looking forward to a new place to shop. Their old store is in bad shape and I'm tired of Food Lion. Does anyone know the deal?

McKays are partners in the development of the property. They cannot afford to build. They don't want some other grocery chain going in there, that would be the final nail in the coffin of their store. Sewer is not an issue. They're going to tie into the system that food lion is on (same group owns Charlotte Hall Square or whatever it's called). Construction at a stalemate.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
They gotta do something with the CH McKay’s and Foodlion. They are both in bad shape in appearance and products. I love being in "small town" but lately I've been hitting the bigger/newer food stores in Waldorf on the way home from work. My nephew who lives next to Berts refuses to shop at them and drives to LaPlata for food shopping.

fatratcat

McKays are partners in the development of the property. They cannot afford to build. They don't want some other grocery chain going in there, that would be the final nail in the coffin of their store. Sewer is not an issue. They're going to tie into the system that food lion is on (same group owns Charlotte Hall Square or whatever it's called). Construction at a stalemate.

It's a shame everything has to be so difficult, but thanks for the response!