Elements

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I had friends that went here for happy hour yesterday. Apparently they don't sell domestic beer? While I can easily adjust, I can see people going nuts over that. They also apparently didn't have any fancy bar equipment for daiquiris or any kind of drink menu really. I don't know if I'll ever get to experience Elements bc no one wants to go once they heard the bar doesn't carry domestic :lol:

I also looked at their menu and while it looks nice, their website, the layout and content, read like it was built by a 9th grader :dead: all their pics were clearly taken with an iPhone.
also, FARMS + FISH + FIRE + GRAPES + HOPS + STEEL + PEOPLE = ELEMENTS ... :eyebrow:

ontheriver

My friend and I had lunch at Elements on Saturday. The crab cake was outstanding. Love the bread. Nice fresh salad too!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Apparently they don't sell domestic beer?

I don't think he's targeting the Bud Light crowd. :lol: In fact, back when he was Blue Wind, I got nostalgic for Black Opal Shiraz so I stopped in to pick up a bottle. The counter guy kind of sniffed at me and said, "You can actually get (sh** wine) at any liquor store, we don't carry that here." :lol:

The concept for Elements seems to be more upscale, like what you'd get in Annapolis, DC, or even NYC - no mozzarella sticks or children's menu. We'll see if there's a market for that down here.

Hank

my war
I don't think he's targeting the Bud Light crowd. :lol: In fact, back when he was Blue Wind, I got nostalgic for Black Opal Shiraz so I stopped in to pick up a bottle. The counter guy kind of sniffed at me and said, "You can actually get (sh** wine) at any liquor store, we don't carry that here." :lol:

The concept for Elements seems to be more upscale, like what you'd get in Annapolis, DC, or even NYC - no mozzarella sticks or children's menu. We'll see if there's a market for that down here.

Annnnnd..... That's exactly why they won't be open long.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I had friends that went here for happy hour yesterday. Apparently they don't sell domestic beer? While I can easily adjust, I can see people going nuts over that. They also apparently didn't have any fancy bar equipment for daiquiris or any kind of drink menu really. I don't know if I'll ever get to experience Elements bc no one wants to go once they heard the bar doesn't carry domestic :lol:

I also looked at their menu and while it looks nice, their website, the layout and content, read like it was built by a 9th grader :dead: all their pics were clearly taken with an iPhone.
also, FARMS + FISH + FIRE + GRAPES + HOPS + STEEL + PEOPLE = ELEMENTS ... :eyebrow:

From the look at the menu - it doesn't sound like that is the type of clintele they're catering to. Also, from what I saw, they have a LOT of drinks on their menu, including Daiquiris. I like the fact that they have Rum & Coke on the menu by it's original name. :yay:

John Z

if you will
Apparently they don't sell domestic beer?

Their website indicates some decent American selections:
On tap: Rogue Dead Guy Ale, Goose Island 312 Urban Wheat Ale, Tröegs Pale Ale, New Belgium Portage Porter. Many other American bottles.

I totally agree with you on their corny equation. :lol:

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Yeah, this is a grown up place. We'll see how that flies....

And I totally get that and appreciate it, like I said I can adjust. There's just a ton of people down here that won't so easily.

Also I see nothing wrong with a couple simple beers. Throw in a Mich Ultra on the menu. Just one. Doesn't mean it'll only attract the bud light crowd from ABC :shrug: Make a dress code then. But when I go there for happy hour, I'm not going to last long if one of their lightest beers is a Stella or with martinis :lol:

Also...bottom line. If you're trying to be an adult place you need an adult website and advertising. I work in design and advertising. I know :lol: I can't take these people seriously just yet with their blurry iPhone pics!

LT: happy hour next week? So we can be all judge-y in person AND eat those duck fat fries after too many martinis? :jet:

Chris0nllyn

Also...bottom line. If you're trying to be an adult place you need an adult website and advertising. I work in design and advertising. I know :lol: I can't take these people seriously just yet with their blurry iPhone pics!

I opened the page and thought "Who the hell took these pictures?" :lol:

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
And I totally get that and appreciate it, like I said I can adjust. There's just a ton of people down here that won't so easily.

Also I see nothing wrong with a couple simple beers. Throw in a Mich Ultra on the menu. Just one. Doesn't mean it'll only attract the bud light crowd from ABC :shrug: Make a dress code then. But when I go there for happy hour, I'm not going to last long if one of their lightest beers is a Stella or with martinis :lol:

LT: happy hour next week? So we can be all judge-y in person AND eat those duck fat fries after too many martinis? :jet:

Haha im in Huntsville next week but ill be back Thursday...lets do it. duck fat friessss

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

Unfortunately, a lot of people consider Cracker Barrel as fine dining.

I do see an upcoming Wine Dinner! :drool:

lucky_bee

RBF expert
"Jim, come up front and bring your phone. Be sure to zoom in REAL close, and move the entire time you're taking the picture"

:lol:

ALSO WHO PUTS THEIR EMPLOYEE SCHEDULE AND HANDBOOK ON THEIR BUSINESS WEBSITE?!
"well, #### Ashley's working Thurs. You won't see me there on Thurs. Every girl I've ever known with the name Ashley is cray-cray!"
And when you're sending your staff WIKI articles on wine...I now know more about your wine list than your employees.

nope nope and nope. I'd been in restaurants over 10 yrs. Too many weirdos with a pension for stalking the pretty waitress/bartender. I'd quit on the spot if my employer made my schedule public to my customers. NOPE.

Goodgawd Elements: make that #### secure!