where to find a certified Bengal kitten?

TGB

So, As a family, husband, daughter, son and myself we have decided to get a kitten and we have done our research and decided on the Bengal kitten. Where can we find a Bengal cat breeder in Maryland? I did find a website but no reply from the people advertising in Maryland. The other breeder I found and did reply are in North Carolina and Washington State. TIA

lucky_bee

RBF expert
So, As a family, husband, daughter, son and myself we have decided to get a kitten and we have done our research and decided on the Bengal kitten. Where can we find a Bengal cat breeder in Maryland? I did find a website but no reply from the people advertising in Maryland. The other breeder I found and did reply are in North Carolina and Washington State. TIA

folks down in NC might be your best bet. The real breeders are pretty rare.My parents found theirs in a shelter...go figure. Poor guy was abandoned in a foreclosed mansion :doh: He's a terrific lovebug but holy #### he talks a lot. Like a lot. Like NEVER. SHUTS. UP. :lol: you can have real conversations with him and ask him about his day and what he did and he'll "answer" :killingme Sometimes he voices his opinion too often and too loudly and he gets the spray bottle...seriously, he never shuts up :lol:

TGB

folks down in NC might be your best bet. The real breeders are pretty rare.My parents found theirs in a shelter...go figure. Poor guy was abandoned in a foreclosed mansion :doh: He's a terrific lovebug but holy #### he talks a lot. Like a lot. Like NEVER. SHUTS. UP. :lol: you can have real conversations with him and ask him about his day and what he did and he'll "answer" :killingme Sometimes he voices his opinion too often and too loudly and he gets the spray bottle...seriously, he never shuts up :lol:

Thanks Lucky_Bee. We have contacted several Bengal breeders and we are now on a waiting list. However, we also decided to inquire about the Serengeti cat. I'm excited.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Thanks Lucky_Bee. We have contacted several Bengal breeders and we are now on a waiting list. However, we also decided to inquire about the Serengeti cat. I'm excited.

Being in rescue I used to think I wanted one of those breeds until I heard about how much they can tear up walls and furniture due to their regular clawing. One person said they can do way more than the average house cat. I started thinking oh my and so far a rescue hasn't come my way so I don't know for sure personally.

I do have a senior male PixieBob that came in to us through a former coworker of mine. Austin is an awesome boy and only ever uses the scratching pads I provide. Austin does require regular nail trimmings because the wild side causes nails that grow quite fast and can become ingrown easily as the former owner found out and had to have surgery on Austin. I would assume the other special breed kitties would have the same nail growth issue?

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Being in rescue I used to think I wanted one of those breeds until I heard about how much they can tear up walls and furniture due to their regular clawing. One person said they can do way more than the average house cat. I started thinking oh my and so far a rescue hasn't come my way so I don't know for sure personally.

I do have a senior male PixieBob that came in to us through a former coworker of mine. Austin is an awesome boy and only ever uses the scratching pads I provide. Austin does require regular nail trimmings because the wild side causes nails that grow quite fast and can become ingrown easily as the former owner found out and had to have surgery on Austin. I would assume the other special breed kitties would have the same nail growth issue?

hmm maybe that's why my parents' rescue Bengal was declawed? Like I said he was abandoned in a foreclosed mansion on the water in our area :doh: so at SOME point someone clearly spent a lot of money on him. Not exactly sure how he was found, but he wasn't left long for his health to have been affected. But they did find him having already been declawed. Maybe the original owners heard the same thing and took precautions by removing them :shrug: which is ridiculous bc then he was left to fend for himself. Obviously they're just stupid #######s to begin with.

But he does go around my parents' house and mimic the motions of scratching his claws. They have scratching posts (mostly bc he likes to sit on TOP of them and yell at people who walk by) but he does act like he has them and will sit for 5 minutes sometimes going at it :lol:

Poor fellow. I've heard Bengals are actually fairly easy to train (for a cat) so I'd think with some work you could let them keep their claws and redirect their scratching when they're young. Our Bengal was around 4/5 when they got him so he's not much for learning new things now :lol:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
hmm maybe that's why my parents' rescue Bengal was declawed? Like I said he was abandoned in a foreclosed mansion on the water in our area :doh: so at SOME point someone clearly spent a lot of money on him. Not exactly sure how he was found, but he wasn't left long for his health to have been affected. But they did find him having already been declawed. Maybe the original owners heard the same thing and took precautions by removing them :shrug: which is ridiculous bc then he was left to fend for himself. Obviously they're just stupid #######s to begin with.

But he does go around my parents' house and mimic the motions of scratching his claws. They have scratching posts (mostly bc he likes to sit on TOP of them and yell at people who walk by) but he does act like he has them and will sit for 5 minutes sometimes going at it :lol:

Poor fellow. I've heard Bengals are actually fairly easy to train (for a cat) so I'd think with some work you could let them keep their claws and redirect their scratching when they're young. Our Bengal was around 4/5 when they got him so he's not much for learning new things now :lol:

At some point one may cross my path. Fingers crossed it will be a mild mannered one.

2HORSE

We just took in a stray that appears to be a Bengal breed. Already have 3 other kitties so we can't keep this one. If anyone is interested please feel free to reply or contact me.

Last edited:

Roman

Cats like that usually don't get tossed out to fend for themselves. It might be micro chipped, or it has a tattoo some where. Beautiful cat.