Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fish Pond people...

Quote Originally Posted by DoWhat View Post
    I guess I will be the A$$.
    I like the pond, but not the location.
    Wasted deck space.
    We built the deck for the hot tub as an extension to a pre-existing deck. The deck below it is large plus I have a large patio off the lower deck.

When we first moved in the house, they had evergreen planted there which I thought strange to have around a swimming pool.
    Please neuter and spay your pets.... and your weird friends and relatives.

Very NICE pond, and what a great idea.
    You have become responsible forever, for what you have tamed. "Antoine de Saint Exupery"

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
    We built the deck for the hot tub as an extension to a pre-existing deck. The deck below it is large plus I have a large patio off the lower deck.

When we first moved in the house, they had evergreen planted there which I thought strange to have around a swimming pool.
    Oh, now that you explained it.
    Nice.

Where you suppose to sit?

On the deck? Like ON the deck. Or maybe there is room on the deck beside this one for a chair. Maybe there's room for a chaise lounge chair up beside the pond.

Oh, now that you explained it.
    Nice.
    I have a picture taken from an upstairs window which might help. The pictures are older and we actually took that back fence further back, ripped out the garden to have a grassy area beyond the pool. Also note that where you think that deck ends is actually a gate we have on the deck. I have another couple of feet of deck on the other side of the staircase not seen in the picture. So it does have a large seating area. In fact, I have a table on the other side of that deck not seen for 2 people.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	patio 1.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	119.2 KB 
ID:	107312   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deck 3.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	107313  

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
    I have a picture taken from an upstairs window which might help. The pictures are older and we actually took that back fence further back, ripped out the garden to have a grassy area beyond the pool. Also note that where you think that deck ends is actually a gate we have on the deck. I have another couple of feet of deck on the other side of the staircase not seen in the picture. So it does have a large seating area. In fact, I have a table on the other side of that deck not seen for 2 people.
    Very nice Dakota! I am impressed.
    You have become responsible forever, for what you have tamed. "Antoine de Saint Exupery"

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    Very nice Dakota! I am impressed.
    Thanks Roman.

And if anybody reading this thread has hi fin banded sharks, please please please let me know how long you have had yours, size, and any advice you'd be willing to give me.

I ended up ordering the Hornwort (which I think some call Coontail). I haven't decided if I am going to just drop them in or plant them in pots but from what I have read, they can tend to grow like crazy.

May have already read this one. But, if not..

http://fullserviceaquatics.com/koi-p...you-may-think/

Also, if unable to find someone willing to take one off your hands, when time comes, offer to sell back to store you scooped he/she up. Some do that.

Your backyard is beautiful. Makes me wanna dive in.
    Last edited by Homesick; 03-17-2015 at 02:39 PM.
    "If you think they are going to give you your country back without a fight, you are sadly mistaken"

Quote Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
    May have already read this one. But, if not..

http://fullserviceaquatics.com/koi-p...you-may-think/

Also, if unable to find someone willing to take one off your hands, when time comes, offer to sell back to store you scooped he/she up. Some do that.

Your backyard is beautiful. Makes me wanna dive in.

And thanks for this article actually - there were a few take-aways here....

1. A large environment will allow them to grow to their potential, usually topping out at about 3’ for very large specimens.

^^It sounds like they won't just grow 3 feet unless the environment will allow it, which is good... a 3 foot fish in a 7 foot pond might just suck badly... but the 1st comment under the article might mean I'm worrying for nothing because that person's fish died at 6-9 months.

2. Some of the foods you can feed them like seaweed sheets and quartered raw zucchini sticks which are things easy to find and not something I would have thought of feeding them.

no need to blush... I just swept acrossed article hoping had info you needed. It looked informative.
    "If you think they are going to give you your country back without a fight, you are sadly mistaken"

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.