Dairy Queen coming to GMR

TPD

the poor dad
In the old Arby's building. Has this already been reported on here and I missed it or does no one travel GMR to see this besides me?

merc669

Have heard rumors of this before but have seen nothing as to actually coming there. Pretty bad spot in a way to get in and out of. But might work out.

glhs837

Power with Control
Well, it is a step up from an empty building, crash. I heard the Swarovski people were after it in a big way, by DQ beat them out at auction..... What would you recommend go in there?

CrashTest

Well, it is a step up from an empty building, crash. I heard the Swarovski people were after it in a big way, by DQ beat them out at auction..... What would you recommend go in there?

I agree, but it doesn't offset the 10-12 that have gone vacant in the meantime.

All the while, zoning and permits being issued for new malls and theaters in California.

OldHillcrestGuy

I agree, but it doesn't offset the 10-12 that have gone vacant in the meantime.

All the while, zoning and permits being issued for new malls and theaters in California.

Who would want to build anything in L.P and Great Mills. California and Hollywood is the hotspot, you get Calvert people and No So Marys people heading south to shop. Once you pass by Kohls and Dicks theres nothing to draw people any further down the road.

CrashTest

Who would want to build anything in L.P and Great Mills. California and Hollywood is the hotspot, you get Calvert people and No So Marys people heading south to shop. Once you pass by Kohls and Dicks theres nothing to draw people any further down the road.

Exactly!!!

Local "leaders" threw the people down there a bone by building sidewalks, having parades, and announcing some kind of rebirth. All the while they knew it was a lie. I'm sure there were some folks who actually believed it.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life

It's convenient for people that work on and around base.

merc669

It's convenient for people that work on and around base.

Thats like throwing bones for those that lived near the steel mills or any other heavy industry. Outside of those areas are normally the slums. Which from the forums here, is a general consensus to what they think L.P is. Throw a bone but lets keep the money where its better spent encouraging upper scale shopping to come in and pay for improvements north of the base.

DEEKAYPEE8569

It might work, but we're talking about L.P.. The hood rats will screw things up over time; the reason L.P. is not much to talk about anymore.
We'll see, I guess.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Slums, hood rats, wow. Just plain old wow. And sad. And depressing.

Meanwhile, in reality, I look forward to the Diary Queen going into the old Arby's location and not having to traverse into your suburbia dreamland.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Meanwhile, in reality, I look forward to the Diary Queen going into the old Arby's location and not having to traverse into your suburbia dreamland.

If that's really where it's going, that's great. We get a new place to grab a snack and it makes use of that location. It's also a good reason to take a detour on the way home.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life

I've never personally gotten anything from DQ before, but I hope they have yummy shakes/ sundaes/ ice cream. I live south of the base and sometimes I just want a quick fix. I'm diggin' Sonic's shakes... and their cherry limeade is my favorite!!