St. Mary's AT&T Cell Service

bigbean17

Hey all, just curious how the AT&T cell service is in St. mary's county. I currently have verizon but I am looking into the possibility of switching to AT&T if the service is decent in the California/Lexington Park area. Let me know your thoughts, thanks in advance.

PeoplesElbow

I think it is pretty good. There is atleast one area on base I have fine reception that my coworkers with Verizon have none.

Grumpy

Work across from the base, officemate never has service from AT&T while in office, I have Verzion and always have good service/bars

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Backside of Pax: no AT&T service, definitely Verizon service

Webster: no AT&T service, definitely Verizon service

Ridge: no AT&T service, almost always Verizon service

Calvert County: almost always AT&T service, definitely Verizon service

DC Metro area: Both equally

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
What odd hole is that?

:lol: I think the closest AT&T cell tower is in Prince Frederick. Though I know there was talk about space being bought on a tower locally for AT&T, but I don't know if that's happened or not.

bigbean17

Thanks for all the replies. It looks like AT&T service is pretty decent LP and further north but not so great the further south you go. I do work at Webster and my co-workers with NMCI blackberries do get 4G AT&T signal in our building but that may be because our building has an antenna for receiving cell service.

PeoplesElbow

Thanks for all the replies. It looks like AT&T service is pretty decent LP and further north but not so great the further south you go. I do work at Webster and my co-workers with NMCI blackberries do get 4G AT&T signal in our building but that may be because our building has an antenna for receiving cell service.

You can always just give it a try by going to Walmart and buying a GoPhone for about $50 for a prepaid smartphone.

glhs837

Power with Control
Inside of 2649, the concrete pad out front that is meant to have an aircraft parked on it became known as the Verizon pad.

Back when I worked in the 201 hangar, Verizon was okay, ATT was only in windows :) But I do recall that your building was tougher, maybe more structure towards thee verizon tower, less towards the ATT one.

PeoplesElbow

Back when I worked in the 201 hangar, Verizon was okay, ATT was only in windows :) But I do recall that your building was tougher, maybe more structure towards thee verizon tower, less towards the ATT one.

I use to be able to talk on my phone in the upstairs center without too much problem.