SoMd - best way to cook frozxen Phillips Crab Cakes

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I live in FL - Lay it on me........or I'll just follow the instructions.....

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I got nothing. :shrug:

I have never, ever. .. like ever. ... had frozen crabcakes.

:yeahthat: I would follow the instruction they provide, if I was inclined to ever purchase any store bought ones.

b23hqb, being in FL you should just get you a mess of blue crabs, steam them up, pick them and then make your own. There has to be a seafood market down that way that carries them.

Stew

Follow the instructions. Fry on medium heat, make sure to turn over a couple of times they cook fast, don't wanna burn them. They're good if cooked "right".

Midnightrider

If you 'roll your own' they really aren't bad, particularly in the middle of winter. I usually stash a few dozen. Definitely not as good as fresh, but what is.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

No kidding? Heck, when I make crabcakes, I'll make 3 or 4 dozen at one crack (depends on which kid(s) are helping to pick and how much meat gets "sarcificed" during that process) and freeze them individually between layers of wax paper and then bag up a "dinner's worth" and back in the freezer. Thaw and deep- or pan fry. Can't hardly tell the difference from fresh never frozen. At least I can't.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
???. I've been making and freezing crabcakes since Mary Dyson showed my family how to do both....can you say "half a century ago in 7D"?? What's with all this total nonsense "can't freeze crab cakes stuff?"

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Let it.thaw in a glad kitchen trash bag.. And let it cook slowly..

While decomposing in the local landfill..