Unusual sightings

Vince

Post your unusual stuff here. Saw something last Friday in Prince Frederick. You see birds all the time and houses, but I saw this house with a whole bunch of birds on it. I know that's not unusual, but the birds were all buzzards! You don't get those things on top of your house unless something is dead. I'm not talking one or two buzzards, these were more like twenty of them. Never saw that many gathered on the roof of a house. And the house was not some old run down mansion. Nice place and fairly new. Wish I would have thought to take a picture.

Last edited:

Misfit

Lawful neutral
This isn’t a sighting, it’s just weird. In the early 90’s I was deployed and sitting in a bar in Spain. I’d just started dating this Spanish girl and her Ex came in the bar and started acting stupid. He ended up getting thrown out. :shrug:

After deployment I took some leave and went home to small town USA and was sitting in a bar and that same guy walked in and sat next to me. :jameo:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Vince, the buzzard thing happened to a house on Hermanville Rd. a few years ago. They just took over this house. I heard that the people had to move out until the buzzards moved on. I guess there's nothing you can do about them, because they are protected. I'd be getting creative if they started hanging out on my house. There has to be something they don't like enough to make them go away.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Who was it that had the buzzards in their barn that had babies before they moved on? I seem to recall they pooped ALL OVER the place and left quite a stench and mess.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Who was it that had the buzzards in their barn that had babies before they moved on? I seem to recall they pooped ALL OVER the place and left quite a stench and mess.

Wasn't her username something like PrepH or something like that. I remember reading about those barn buzzards too.

Vince

Vince, the buzzard thing happened to a house on Hermanville Rd. a few years ago. They just took over this house. I heard that the people had to move out until the buzzards moved on. I guess there's nothing you can do about them, because they are protected. I'd be getting creative if they started hanging out on my house. There has to be something they don't like enough to make them go away.
These were sitting all over the roof of the house. The house is within city limits so no shooting to scare them away. If it were my house, there would be some dead buzzards protected or not....and those things stick like hell or death. Guess I would too if I ate dead stuff.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
These were sitting all over the roof of the house. The house is within city limits so no shooting to scare them away. If it were my house, there would be some dead buzzards protected or not....and those things stick like hell or death. Guess I would too if I ate dead stuff.

Don't you eat crabs? :confused:

mAlice

professional daydreamer

Yep. The house I'm talking about had them all over the roof, all over the yard...there were hundreds of them.

Restless

I was walking our dog a few weeks back, and our neighbors had about 20 buzzards in their backyard and 10 on their roof. Really weird. There is a creek in their backyard and they were there to get a drink. Haven't seen them since.

A side story - a friend of mine does wildlife rehabilitation. One of her co-rehabers was given an abandoned baby turkey buzzard to try to save. The eyes weren't even open yet. She was able to save him...now comes the funny part. The little baby imprinted with her. She was now it's mother. He followed her everywhere. They lived on a farm and drove around on a golf cart to check on cattle, horses, etc. The buzzard would ride on top of the golf cart. He would wait outside the kitchen door for her to come outside. When she needed to go somewhere in their car, the buzzard would fly above the car. He would stop at the end of their property and wait for her to return. He hung around for several years, but finally took off with a lady buzzard.

Not so much weird as funny....

As a teen, driving around town with a girl in the car. Turn a corner and see a water tower light up just right, looks like a UFO. I start yelling "UFO! UFO!" knowing full well what it was.

She freaked. OMG did she freak. She truly thought it was and we were about to be abducted.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

As a teen, driving around town with a girl in the car. Turn a corner and see a water tower light up just right, looks like a UFO. I start yelling "UFO! UFO!" knowing full well what it was.

She freaked. OMG did she freak. She truly thought it was and we were about to be abducted.
:lol:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member

Question is:
Did you tag it?

Dakota

~~~~~~~
ummmm.... how fitting I see this thread tonight.

This morning a young deer, appears to be about 1 year old, started following me around the yard... even to my neighbor's house across the street and back. It is not startled by barking dogs or noisy cats either and later on in the day we found it isn't afraid of any of the humans that have come and gone today.

I'd prefer it go back into the woods because it is freaking me out. :ohwell:

Attachments

• deer 3.jpg
    deer 3.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 387
  • deer 2.jpg
    deer 2.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 356
  • deer 1.jpg
    deer 1.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 380
Last edited:

mamatutu

mama to two
ummmm.... how fitting I see this thread tonight.

This morning a young deer, appears to be about 1 year old, started following me around the yard... even to my neighbor's house across the street and back. It is not startled by barking dogs or noisy cats either and later on in the day we found it isn't afraid of any of the humans that have come and gone today.

I'd prefer it go back into the woods because it is freaking me out. :ohwell:

I know. We have had a fam of deer in our yard that has visited every day for a long time. I always worry because we are surrounded by hunters. My hub is a hunter, but he knows our deer fam is off limits. :lol: They are becoming so tame, that they do not fear us. They can be in the yard when I go out to start the car to go somewhere, and they don't budge; just look at me. I know the deer have to be thinned out. It is just sad when you get to know them enough to recognize them.

Last year, our neighbor's dog was barking his head off. My hub went to see what was going on because they work outside of the house, and we keep an eye on their house for them. Sam, their dog, had cornered a baby deer in their yard. My hub went over to calm Sam and the baby ran a few feet and dropped. My husband went up to it, and pet it on the head, and then the baby got up and ran off. It was pretty amazing to watch. But, I get what you are saying. Deer are over populated and we (man) are taking over their territory. It is sad, really.

Last edited: