Easter Survey

KDENISE977

Okay so there is a huge debate at the KDENISE household.... how did you all grow up celebrating Easter? This is particularly pertaining to egg hunts.

Plastic eggs filled with treats?
Hardboiled dyed eggs?

Hide them inside the house for the kiddos to find?
Hide them outside for the kiddos to find?

We are still planning on going to the egg hunt at St. Mary's county fairgrounds, but this is in relation to Easter Sunday.

THANK YOU :cheers:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Dyed eggs for eating, plastic eggs filled with candy for hiding. Outside if the weather was nice enough, otherwise inside.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
When I was a kid we dyed hard boiled. They were hidden inside and out.

Did the same with the girl. When she got older she still liked to have egg hunts throughout the year, so we would hide plastic ones for her that she received from her Grandparents egg hunts.

Best of both worlds.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Okay so there is a huge debate at the KDENISE household.... how did you all grow up celebrating Easter? This is particularly pertaining to egg hunts.

Hardboiled dyed eggs?

We are still planning on going to the egg hunt at St. Mary's county fairgrounds, but this is in relation to Easter Sunday.

Yes, we would dye eggs for eating, and also mom/dad hid them either outside or inside when we were kids. When my sister had children, and mine came along - we would hide both kinds of eggs. Dyed and plastic eggs with treats.

b23hqb

PREMO Member

Hardboiled dyed eggs?

All the above, and then off to church services!

KDENISE977

THANK YOU !!! this is what we did last year and I liked it...we hid the dyed eggs inside and I filled up plastic eggs with treats for him to find outside and he LOVED it

:bann:

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Dyed eggs for eating, plastic eggs filled with candy for hiding. Outside if the weather was nice enough, otherwise inside.

:yeahthat:

We really only did Easter egg hunts if my cousins came over though. But we always had Easter baskets hidden in the house.

I took egg dying very seriously. My mom would choose the prettiest ones and wrap them in her Italian Braided Easter Bread :yum:

pebbles

hard boiled dyed ones hidden outside & the plastic candy filled inside, (in case you forget where one is hidden, that thing would STINK!)

lovinmaryland

We hide dyed hard boiled eggs. They are all marked & worth $ ranging from .25 - $1 there is one special egg that is marked for a $2 bill. They get enough candy in the baskets I dont see the point in giving them more candy. :shrug:

SG_Player1974

It certainly wasn't going out and buying up everything in the store I could find, setting it all up in a pretty little display, and then posting a picture of it on FB and saying "Look what I got for my kids!"

The people who do that are just plain morons!

We did the usual. Dyed eggs, went to church, nice dinner...

KDENISE977

It certainly wasn't going out and buying up everything in the store I could find, setting it all up in a pretty little display, and then posting a picture of it on FB and saying "Look what I got for my kids!"

We did the usual. Dyed eggs, went to church, nice dinner...

OH go away, no one needs your negativity in here... If I want to spend my money on my kid I will and I'll spend as much as I want, your opinion means NOTHING !!!

JeJeTe

Happiness
OH go away, no one needs your negativity in here... If I want to spend my money on my kid I will and I'll spend as much as I want, your opinion means NOTHING !!!

:yeahthat: Not your money being spent, not your problem.

I usually go a bit bigger on Easter because my son's bday is in Dec so what I can buy for him is limited due to Christmas so I probably get more for him for Easter. And since nobody else pays my bills it's nobody elses problem.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
Dyed hard boiled eggs outside and an Easter basket filled with candy from the Easter Bunny.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

OMG :lmao:

You should call Michelle Obama and have Easter baskets abolished. Or make parents fill them with healthy snacks instead. Quinoa bars and carrot sticks.

SG_Player1974

:yeahthat: Not your money being spent, not your problem.

I usually go a bit bigger on Easter because my son's bday is in Dec so what I can buy for him is limited due to Christmas so I probably get more for him for Easter. And since nobody else pays my bills it's nobody elses problem.

OMG :lmao:

You should call Michelle Obama and have Easter baskets abolished. Or make parents fill them with healthy snacks instead. Quinoa bars and carrot sticks.

Awesome! Continue to enjoy your false feelings of self worth and self confidence. Then, wash it all down by making yourself feel so much better because announcing it to the whole world is just the thing you need to fill the void. :lmao:

KDENISE977

Awesome! Continue to enjoy your false feelings of self worth and self confidence. Then, wash it all down by making yourself feel so much better because announcing it to the whole world is just the thing you need to fill the void. :lmao:

Thank you :cheers: I feel much better knowing I now have your blessing !!

pelers

Dyed hardboiled eggs outside. Assuming the birds didn't get them first.

Ugh, I need to figure out what to do for the kids this year.