249 blocked at Callaway Post Office

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Fire Dept and LE have closed 249 at Callaway...Abell's Tavern and the Post Office are cordoned off with yellow tape...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Apparently some flour used to make matzo balls spilled out of envelope from Israel....

I might be making part of that up.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
this doesn't make sense.

UPDATE 4:06 p.m.

There are a possible seven patients. A Lexington Park Rescue Squad has been requested to prep an ambulance for a possible Ebola patient. They are currently asking for more ambulances.

March 26, 3:36 p.m.

Callaway post office has been evacuated due to an unknown substance. Police en route. Hazmat unit is en route.

Is this two different incidents?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I'm having a hard time getting anything to open, besides this. So, if you're having trouble, this is what I'm seeing.

Attachments

• alert.JPG
    alert.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 295
I'm having a hard time getting anything to open, besides this. So, if you're having trouble, this is what I'm seeing.
I wonder if they meant to say possible Anthrax and not Ebola. It makes sense that there could have been 7 in the vicinity of whatever substance was released from the envelope.

gretchen

I wonder if they meant to say possible Anthrax and not Ebola. It makes sense that there could have been 7 in the vicinity of whatever substance was released from the envelope.

So it's either anthrax or ebola,either seven patients or twelve,never mind cancel it all. Package was harmless and no powder. What??

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
It CANNOT be ebola at the Callaway incident..that is a scientific impossibility for many reasons, not the least of which is the period of time (21 days) that must elapse between exposure and the first symptoms. Good grief.

gretchen

It CANNOT be ebola at the Callaway incident..that is a scientific impossibility for many reasons, not the least of which is the period of time (21 days) that must elapse between exposure and the first symptoms. Good grief.

I don't know about anyone else,but I was being sarcastic. It's idiocy all the way around,from the responders to the reporters. I suspect Eddie got his panties in a wad over something at the post office - he's pretty well known for his hyper attention to all things postal and rules related.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I don't know about anyone else,but I was being sarcastic. It's idiocy all the way around,from the responders to the reporters. I suspect Eddie got his panties in a wad over something at the post office - he's pretty well known for his hyper attention to all things postal and rules related.

:lmao: And it turns out....it was nothing.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Apparently this was a case of extreme idiocy and nothing more. Person picks up package, goes home and opens it, happens to feel ill at that moment, and then returns to the post office, package in hand claiming something in it must have made her sick.

There must be something that person can be charged with.

PeoplesElbow

Apparently this was a case of extreme idiocy and nothing more. Person picks up package, goes home and opens it, happens to feel ill at that moment, and then returns to the post office, package in hand claiming something in it must have made her sick.

There must be something that person can be charged with.

No way someone is that stupid, is there?