no right to know what your GOV is Doing

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Eleanor Holmes Norton says 'you don't have a right to know' what's going on in government

Eleanor Holmes Norton, the non-voting congressional delegate for the District of Columbia, angrily sputtered during a congressional hearing Friday that the White House should not be held up to scrutiny, saying that there was no right to know what it was doing behind closed doors.

"You don't have a right to know everything in a separation-of-powers government, my friend. That is the difference between a parliamentary government and a separation-of-powers government," Norton said during a House Oversight and Government Reform Committee hearing.

It was, to put mildly, a significant departure from the more traditional liberal stance that openness and transparency are must to prevent abuses of power by government officials. Instead the leading advocate for statehood for the District of Columbia literally argued that even the congressional committee charged with oversight shouldn't be asking questions in the first place.

I love to see the howls if Ted Cruz said this to Andrea Mitchell or during a FOX Interview

Hijinx

That is the difference between a parliamentary government and a separation-of-powers government,"

The Difference between a Parliamentary Government and a Separation of Powers Govt.

Eleonor Holmes Norton doesn't know Sh1t from Shinola and she claims she knows the difference between a Parliamentary Government and a Separation of Powers Government.

Ours is a separation of Powers Government and it is important to know what the Government is doing in order to keep that Separation.

What is her problem is she is a racist with her head up Obama's Tan butt.

tommyjo

effing morons.

Here what I quoted in the Wash Examiner article:

"You don't have a right to know everything

That one little word "everything" makes a damn big difference to the context and meaning of what she said. I know...you two and the previous thread poster don't understand context or English.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
I love to see the howls if Ted Cruz said this to Andrea Mitchell or during a FOX Interview

Is it OK for us to know that witch is too old to be driving (and parking) an automobile?

[video=youtube;Z7Ym-kk1tRw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7Ym-kk1tRw[/video]