we will also live with him;

12 if we endure,
we will also reign with him.
If we disown him,
he will also disown us;

if we are faithless,
he remains faithful,
for he cannot disown himself.​

According to the StudyLight Commentary, Paul is using a contemporary song here.

Things were rough for Christians during the time when this letter was written to Timothy. Paul was in prison, chained, doomed to death. Nero was murdering Christians as entertainment. In essence Paul is saying.... "What's the worst thing that can happen? They take away your birthday?"

Actually, the worst thing that can happen, is that you give up on the faith, or don't have faith at all.... Look at Matthew 10:33.

Matthew 10:33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.​

We have to make a decision to deny Christ for Him to deny us.

This is a faithful saying: For if we died with Him, we shall also live with Him if we endure, we shall also reign with Him. If we deny Him, He also will deny us. If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself.​

On a personal note here.... As many of you are aware, I'm dealing with Stage 4 Recurrent Metastatic Colon Cancer as I write this. Since being diagnosed with cancer back in 2013, I've had 2 surgeries and 7 rounds of chemo. I have 5 rounds of chemo to go. At one point the doctor told my husband and me that I had a couple of months to a couple of years to live. The second surgery and the chemo I'm going through now supposedly gave me at least three more years to live. I know that God answered the prayers of the hundreds and that God actually gave me every minute I have here.... I have no intention of denying Christ. As a matter of fact.... I want everyone who reads these words, and everyone they know, to come to Christ.... He is faithful.

If you have never made a public declaration of your faith... you need to do that....
If you have been a dumbass and denied Christ at one time.... you need to make that right... become like the prodigal son....
Just don't let eternity pass you by....

:coffee: