More Great Mills economic development?

CrashTest

Drove by the deserted McKay's strip and noticed one of those small stores down on the end had a True Value sign above it. New standalone hardware store? I miss lunchtime hardware runs. Plus Lowes blows.

glhs837

Power with Control
I think it's not going to be hardware so much as a place to rent the equipment that they rented in McKays.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Drove by the deserted McKay's strip and noticed one of those small stores down on the end had a True Value sign above it. New standalone hardware store? I miss lunchtime hardware runs. Plus Lowes blows.
Lowes has gotten much better. Can't put a date on it, but they added staff and must have trained their people in customer service.
It's still a "big box" store but people there have been more helpful and with the "My Lowes" and Lowes CC I have not had an issue returning anything - from a failed power tool to excess material.

CrashTest

Lowes has gotten much better. Can't put a date on it, but they added staff and must have trained their people in customer service.
It's still a "big box" store but people there have been more helpful and with the "My Lowes" and Lowes CC I have not had an issue returning anything - from a failed power tool to excess material.

Even if I don't mind walking 1/4 mile to buy a screw, I still can't handle the vehicular war zone getting in and out.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Even if I don't mind walking 1/4 mile to buy a screw, I still can't handle the vehicular war zone getting in and out.

I park as far from the store and don't use the main road in (by BK lounge). Then use self checkout.
In and out without ... well there is trying to cross the road, figure if they hit me the wife will be rich.

H

Hodr

Right up Rt. 5 is Dyson's, the best hardware/lumber store in the county!

I always try to use Dyson's first, because they are locally owned and they try their best to help you out (vs just getting you out the door). Unfortunately they almost never seem to be open when I stop by. I'm not sure what their operating hours are, but I do know they are closed when I got off of work, and I think closed on Sundays (or closed earlier than most stores).