Bam!

PsyOps

Pixelated
Hugely qualified on the fiscal side. She would aim to repeal the ACA. Mostly conservative on social issues. My concern is foreign policy and how she would handle being CINC if a national/international crisis arose requiring her to deploy our military. She seems a bit of a RINO regarding our wars.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Senate/Carly_Fiorina.htm

I've always liked Ms. Fiorina and I'd consider voting for her. I don't have much of an opinion of her in the political context yet.

When I've heard her speak, she's typically made a fair bit of sense. But she made a mess of things at HP, so I'm not sure here record in the business world on-net speaks well of how she'd do as president.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
But she made a mess of things at HP, so I'm not sure here record in the business world on-net speaks well of how she'd do as president.

That factor concerns me a bit too. Of course, keeping HP alive and moving in a profitable direction has challenged more than just her over the years.

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
But seriously. Not a chance the GOP will pick her, so this discussion can end pretty quickly.

As a candidate, she has all of Romney's downsides (unlikable robot), but nothing on the upside (at least Mitt was good at what he did business-wise).

With respect to the money, she is just trying to see how much Rince Preenus will support her.

That factor concerns me a bit too. Of course, keeping HP alive and moving in a profitable direction has challenged more than just her over the years.

Sure, it wasn't exactly an up and coming business (and business model) - with nothing but bright horizons to look forward to - that she took control of at HP.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Sure, it wasn't exactly an up and coming business (and business model) - with nothing but bright horizons to look forward to - that she took control of at HP.

Sounds like the same situation she wants to get into again.

Sounds like the same situation she wants to get into again.

Good point.

Though I'd say HP wasn't in particularly bad shape when she took over, it just wasn't facing a rainbows and lollipops as far as the eye can see future.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Indeed, running a multi-billion dollar company into the ground and getting fired for it certainly qualifies one to run the country.

She is Donald Trump with a vagoo.

I didn't know HP went out of business. :ohwell:

She resigned BTW. It happens often in the world of business.

And I didn't say a damn thing about her being qualified to run the country. In fact, I believe I implied just the opposite. But since reading comprehension isn't your strong point... :bigwhoop:

Last edited:
I didn't know HP went out of business. :ohwell:

She resigned BTW. It happens often in the world of business.

And I didn't say a damn thing about her being qualified to run the country. In fact, I believe I implied just the opposite. But since reading comprehension isn't your strong point... :bigwhoop:

Technically she resigned, yes; but in reality she was forced out. That's typically how it works with CEOs. They gave her a big severance package to get her to go away. And the stock price immediately jumped.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I don't think very many people would actually be happy if some bad ass, take over a sick business and make it roar type ran the country for 4 days let alone 4 years AND was able to do their thing. It sounds all well and good to talk about just fixing things, to cut this or that but the reality might not be what you had in mind. At the end of the day the responsibility it to promote the general welfare not run the thing like, say, Apple, where you might wake up next day and find ALL are jobs went to China except the PR folks who would just tell us how awesome the next app is going to be in fixing our concerns.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Technically she resigned, yes; but in reality she was forced out. That's typically how it works with CEOs. They gave her a big severance package to get her to go away. And the stock price immediately jumped.

So, what we're looking forward to is the END of her term(s), yes? :lol:

PsyOps

Pixelated

The problem with Fiorina was political. Other members disputed her moves with mergers and her hiring philosophies. The tank of their stock was due to the dotcom bubble burst. But she hardly ran the company in the ground. Where many fell out due the dotcom crash, HP survived and is the top computer seller today. Hardly run into the ground.

I think sentiments about her abilities is debatable. The point is with LB - as is with everyone that is out there as a candidate - no one is good enough for him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carly_Fiorina

In 1998, Fortune magazine named her the "most powerful woman in business" in its inaugural listing, and she was included in the Time 100 in 2004 and remained in the Fortune listing throughout her tenure at HP. Fiorina was #10 on the Forbes list of The World's 100 Most Powerful Women for 2004. She became regarded by many as being the first woman to head up a Fortune 20 company, and to have overcome the metaphorical "glass ceiling"

None of this is me throwing her out there as a good or bad candidate. Based on what I've read about her, she is very conservative on fiscal matters. But I'm not convinced on foreign matters.

The problem with Fiorina was political. Other members disputed her moves with mergers and her hiring philosophies. The tank of their stock was due to the dotcom bubble burst. But she hardly ran the company in the ground. Where many fell out due the dotcom crash, HP survived and is the top computer seller today. Hardly run into the ground.

I think sentiments about her abilities is debatable. The point is with LB - as is with everyone that is out there as a candidate - no one is good enough for him.

None of this is me throwing her out there as a good or bad candidate. Based on what I've read about her, she is very conservative on fiscal matters. But I'm not convinced on foreign matters.

Other members of the board wanted here gone because they thought she was doing a bad job - making bad decisions, not being a good leader. You can call it political, and to some extent the way things play out at that level are, but those things you mentioned go to her competence as CEO. You can probably find some reporting from that time period, as reporting from recent times (i.e. since she's moved herself firmly into the political realm) is more likely to be colored by political agendas. But from my own observations I would say that she wasn't doing a good job as CEO - and that's not political, like I suggested before I've had a generally positive impression of her when I've heard her speak.

And, yes, she's been ranked highly in those kinds of things - e.g. the most powerful women in the U.S. or the world. But that doesn't mean she did a good job as HP's CEO (or even prior to coming to HP). She's also been ranked or described as among the worst CEOs of all time, for whatever that's worth.

PeoplesElbow

There were a lot of head scratching moments such as buying Palm and doing absolutely nothing with them, that made no sense at all.

Introducing a tablet, a few weeks later having a fire sale on it, turned out that it was actually a pretty good tablet just over priced at the start.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!

You're implying that HP is the top computer seller today because of her, not in spite of her. HP products, ESPECIALLY their computers and inkjet printers, were #### when she was in charge and she oversaw significant quality reduction.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
You're implying that HP is the top computer seller today because of her, not in spite of her. HP products, ESPECIALLY their computers and inkjet printers, were #### when she was in charge and she oversaw significant quality reduction.

:drummer: Easter egg.