Farm museum pond trout fishing 3/28

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I met my son for some MD opening day trout fishing. We headed up to Westminster where we had success a few years ago for opening day. MD DNR stocked 700 trout there the previous week.

To say it was cold was an understatement. There were intermittent snows. The wind was blowing from every direction. I only got 2 trout in 4 hours of fishing. Most of the trout were caught by the people using bait. If I didn't drive so far to fish I would have left after about an hour of the miserable cold. I sure hope this is the end of the crappy winter like weather in Maryland.

I got my trout with a silver cast master lure. My other 2 fishing partners got 1 trout each, also with the cast master.

t1.jpg

nobody really

I need a nap
where did you get those gloves, I could use some that give you the choice to expose fingers, and then cover them back up.

Monello

PREMO Member
where did you get those gloves, I could use some that give you the choice to expose fingers, and then cover them back up.

I don't recall but most likely Bass Pro Shop in Hanover. The gloves sure help out in the cold. I have another pair that I prefer over the gloves in the picture.

link to gloves

Monello

PREMO Member
They stocked 750 trout in there last week so it works out to about 150 trout per acre of water. I've had some real good days up there in the past.

Shutout

They stocked 750 trout in there last week so it works out to about 150 trout per acre of water. I've had some real good days up there in the past.

I stick with Liberty, and Piney Run, but don't really do any trout fishing. Morgan Run (catch and release, barbless artificial baits only)) is walking distance to me. My son fishes it but I seldom do. Just never got into the trout fishing. Good luck!