NY Times - Opinion Pages

DEEKAYPEE8569

The New York Times - Opinion Pages

"To Stop Iran's Bomb, Bomb Iran" - March 26, 2015

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/26/o...0&WT.mc_ev=click&ad-keywords=AUDDEVAPRIL&_r=0

From Article:

"Mr. Obama’s fascination with an Iranian nuclear deal always had an air of unreality. But by ignoring the strategic implications of such diplomacy, these talks have triggered a potential wave of nuclear programs. The president’s biggest legacy could be a thoroughly nuclear-weaponized Middle East."

Scary.....

First thing I though of was:

Vince Vance & The Valiants
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBGPw_LBiRA

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
:getdown:

That song came out in 1980 - 35 years ago. THAT is how long the US has personally been having a problem with Iran, so it amuses me when the youngsters act like this is all brand new and Bush's fault. Go back to marveling at your fingers and piggies, youngsters, and let the grownups talk.

I remember that from back in High School. I also remember some of the students getting into trouble for defacing some of the history books. I had a parody poster featuring the Ayatollah Cockamamie. :lol:

DEEKAYPEE8569

That song came out in 1980 - 35 years ago. THAT is how long the US has personally been having a problem with Iran, so it amuses me when the youngsters act like this is all brand new and Bush's fault. Go back to marveling at your fingers and piggies, youngsters, and let the grownups talk.

Copy that..... :whistle: Wait.....I know you're not directing that "scolding" at me.

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out

No. Iran/US problems started when WE overthrew fair and legitimate DEMOCRATIC elections in Iran in 1953 in favor of a MONARCH so that B effing P could make a few people filthy rich at our national expense.

I know you don't like it, but Iran was VERY pro West, especially pro US post WWII, an appreciation and affection bought and paid for with the blood of American soldiers liberating Europe and the far East. Until we betrayed our own principles and that blood and screwed them. So, 62 years.

And before that was "The Shah is Gone" by the local Tacoma Park, MD, legendary Root Boy Slim & The Sex Change Band.